SkydiveNFlorida

Did you lose a lot of your old friends after you started jumping?

i have a t-shirt with the boy meets girl, etc. cartoon. there was also a girl meets boy version. anybody know where i can find these t-shirts these days? several of my friends would like to buy them. thanx

1st post and to a 9 year old thread? :D

Yeah...decade old tee shirts, check isle 5! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have just been thrown off my PhD because of skydiving

I know of at least one professional jumper who turned his PhD grant into a tandem rating never looked back B| There have to be a few of those...
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I have just been thrown off my PhD because of skydiving

I know of at least one professional jumper who turned his PhD grant into a tandem rating never looked back B| There have to be a few of those...

He got thrown off his PhD track back in 2003... just saying!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I've gained more friends than I've lost. I've been living on a DZ for the past year, so naturally my friends haven't seen much of me. I've kept my good friends. I talk to them several times a week on the phone, and sometimes when I have time and they have time, we meet up, and it's just like old times.

I've probably lost a few though. Might've lost them anyway, just because we've lost touch with each other, not really because of skydiving.

I personally did lose touch with some none skydiving friends, but a made a TON of friends at the dz. My non jumping friends that I lost I guess weren't that great of friends if they couldn't handle my hobby! I still have a ton of great non jumping friends, I just balance out my weekends now!

Lost most of them cause I moved my family to a new town so I could be closer to my dz. It blew them away That my wife and I quit our jobs pulled our 3 kids outta school and moved over 100 kms away! But We are all making new friends in the skydiving community and we are happier then ever!;) Much happier then if I gave up skydiving for socializing. It would seem only skydivers 'get' skydivers. The ol' takes one to know one has its place here i think.

I cant belive I love this shit

Alright, hands up if you didn't have friends to begin with . . .

*waves hand*

Everybody I hung out with scattered after college. I spent the first year of the real world with very little social interaction with anybody. Started skydiving because I wanted to jump out of planes, I had NO idea the social aspect was such a big part. Now I actually have people to do things with and hang out with on the weekends.