kartoonkrazy

an odd request -- GISHWHES 2012

Hey, my name's Chris Roper. I have a... seemingly odd request concerning anyone planning to skydive anytime this weekend (any time until November 5) Get ready, it's weird. But at this point, I'm desperate.

I'm currently participating in the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen (or GISHWHES) and I need some help on a particular item. To get the required points for my team, one item on our list is to 'Skydive while holding up a sign that imbeds, "GISHWHES" in a phrase. For example, your sign could say, "Lose your dignity -- join GISHWHES." Or "GISHWHES made me do it."' I myself am not a skydiver, and neither is anyone else on my team. However, if any one of you are planning to go skydiving this weekend, would it be possible for you to hold a sign that has the word 'GISHWHES' on it while you do? All I need is a photo of any skydiver holding the sign. The hunt ends on November 5th, so the picture would have to be taken before that.

I know it's a bit of a longshot, but I'm trying every avenue I can find in order to help my team win. If you (or anyone you know!) wouldn't mind doing this, please email me at [email protected]

Does it count if it is not done by a member of your team?

If it doesn't matter who does it, then an offer of money for the pic would get you what you want quickly.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Are you friends with Tyana?

Reason I ask is that I was approached by her on FB (she is an old SCA friend of mines) asking if I could do this for a friend of hers.

For the rest of those skydivers that are reading, is it easy to hold a sign in your hands, as a tandem passenger?

I told my friend I would do it this weekend, provided the DZ doesn't have an issue with it.

Any suggestions to make this go smoothly?

Shouldn't be a problem if the sign is small and manageable, check with the TM.

If nothing else how about some tape on the front of your helmet with it written on that?

That shit is dangerous! The tape could come off and blind the instructor! B|

:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Shouldn't be a problem if the sign is small and manageable, check with the TM.

If nothing else how about some tape on the front of your helmet with it written on that?

That shit is dangerous! The tape could come off and blind the instructor! B|

:P

guineapiggie is pretty short...worst case, it would only go as far as covering the TM's mouth...and in some obvious cases ~ that would be a GOOD thing!

:P:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Well I did two tandems yesterday with participants of this game. One had a broad scarf we wrapped around the outside of her harness. Good thing we only needed stills as the camera flyer blew a wing and was spinning the whole jump as he lay on his back shooting up at the sign. The other just had a cardboard sign that she pulled out under canopy and I took handcam shots.