hausair

Skydivers Watch from Switzerland

Dear Skydivers

watch this watch:
Formex designed a watch for skydivers:
http://www.speed-tracking.com/english/formex-watches/

As I set my world record in Speed Tracking, the Swiss Watch company FORMEX created as my sponsor a Limited Edition of 304 watches. (because the record is 304 km/h, 188.9 mph)

The benefit of this sales promotion I'll spend on another skydiving project in 2013.

Just get in contact with me if you have any questions - or to order directly. And of course, I'll give you a nice skydivers discount!

Thanks and blue sky
Marc

Dear riggerrob

It's just an advertisement based on my freefall record:
http://www.speed-tracking.com/english/

My sponsor tried to create a watch that fits into the skydiving world. It's NOT an altimeter and it's not a watch for skydivers in frefall. But sometimes we have to stay on the ground and maybe we need a watch there too. Not to check the ground coming closer, but to check the dates coming closer.

I thought it could be a nice idea for skydivers christmas.

Dear warjunky

It's quiet hard to find some good sponsors in these times.
So I was very lucky to find some.
And as long as you don't have Red Bull at your side, you still have to watch out for some additional income by promoting your sponsors efforts. That's part of the deal with sponsors today, I think.

Best wishes and blue sky
Marc

2) At “time 856.2” (field 602), 25.0 seconds elapsed from exit, altitude 2793.5 m MSL, you achieved maximum total velocity of 111.39 m/s = 249.17 mph (that's the "total speed", not the ground speed!)

I don't think so.
In a track you have about 2.2 square feet frontal drag area at minimum. If you exit and descend for 25 seconds to 9000 feet (2793.5M) where you are taking your measurement. You have a Dynamic Pressure of 121.53 pound per square foot. That means that your exit weigh must be at least 267.4 pounds.
Can you confirm the exit weight or a lower frontal drag area?
Science tells us than anything over about 218 MPH is difficult to impossible.

Thank you very much John, for your questions.

You are absolutely right, my exit weight was pretty high.
And I had no extra weights with me. Not even a chewing gum.

022 lbs: rig(Vector3/Skyh./Storm190/Optimum193/ Cypres2
007 lbs: suit/ helmet/ shoes/ 2alti/ 2FlySights
240 lbs: my weight; a beer & pasta diets result for 24weeks
----
269 lbs total weight

I'm really impressed how close you came with your calculations.

And thanks a lot for all your efforts and achievements in our sport.

Blues sky
Marc

thank you virgin-burner

I'll answer you in English, because not everyone understands our lovely native Swiss German.

I think the small swiss brand Formex is not a real issue for the swatch company. ;_) But anyway: thanks for your nice answer.

And blue sky
Marc

Dear CSpenceFLY

You are right, it should be a regular watch.
It just has a patented suspension, an automatic movement and a leather strap that looks like the stitches of my rig.
And there's this little engraving about the record on the back of the clock. (attached)

Cheers and blue sky
Marc

Actually man, do whatever the hell you want. This forum, like Safety and Training, is entirely unmoderated. In fact I think you should post this on there as well, since you will no doubt get away with it.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Science tells us than anything over about 218 MPH is difficult to impossible.

Would that calculation be the same for a head-down dive? Because my Protrack tells me I'm achieving speeds of 240-250 mph in head-down speed dives...

This is in a track, not head down.