jlmiracle

Demo or practice demo - Texas speedway

Just wondering who and or why they hit Kevin Harvicks car with the flag weight? He isn't my favorite driver, but those cars cost about $300,000. Does the USPA pay for this?

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

It looked like he profoundly missed his target! Can't say I've ever seen or done any race track demos at the larger tracks that would have the jumper land that close to the cars, spectators or equipment. There was plenty of room in the grass in the front stretch and Start/Finish line.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8592735/kevin-harvick-car-damaged-skydiver-lands-pits-texas-motor-speedway

Tight area for sure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlhrdY6i4HQ

Weight on the leading edge lowers the chance of that happening and definitely reduces the damage if it does...but that would have been a tough one either way.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I like how the dumbass poses for the cameras...almost proud of his f-up.

And the sand bag didn't miss those people by much.

I feel quite certain that Mr Childress and especially Harvick weren't too happy with that!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

HUGE grass landing area (pause the youtube video at 9 seconds) with obstacles and people on the one side he chose to fly over.

He'd have been fine if he made a sedate final approach into the wind down the middle of the grass instead of approaching over the crowd and making a low turn to a cross-wind landing.

Of course doing that wouldn't have looked as good on video as if he successfully pulled off this landing (standing up without damaging the car).

That is the sort of dumbass move that a licensing organization should review with the possibility of having a pro-rating removed.

However, knowing the USPA they won't even issue a strongly worded letter.

Hell, he'll probably be offered the job of heading up the USPA's pet-project demo team paid for by the members...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

He's lucky the weight didn't get hung-up on the car, which would have then pivoted him violently into the ground.

No.

We're unlucky, since that would have been incredible video and a better ending than the jumper cheesing it up for the camera next to his bad mistake!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

He's lucky the weight didn't get hung-up on the car, which would have then pivoted him violently into the ground.

No.

We're unlucky, since that would have been incredible video and a better ending than the jumper cheesing it up for the camera next to his bad mistake!

IMO, That was VERY bad taste!!! The TV peeps shouldn't have even given him that little snippet of glory!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Wow - this guy is digging out of this turn big time.

He was low - even without the flag.

He just barely cleared the car and the concrete and if that weight had hit one of those people he swooped over he could easily have killed them.

I hope this shit doesn't just get laughed off.

This is really bad for the demo business. And then to have him laugh about it afterwords is as arrogant as you can get.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

He should have stayed away from the cameras.

Ughhhh. I don't think he could have had a more I don't give a shit look on his face if he rehearsed it and tried again.

Could have been someones head he smashed instead, maybe he would have geeked the camera for that scenario too!

Seriously, wtf.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Just wondering who and or why they hit Kevin Harvicks car with the flag weight?

It's a case of non-terminal Kodak Courage.

Jumpers do stupid things trying to look good in front of cameras and/or crowds.

What crowd? :D The stands looked mostly empty. But yeah, posing with the damage he did with a shit-eating grin "yeah i did that, wahoo!" was just asinine. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban