Namowal

USPA B license practice quiz?

Is there a practice quiz available for the B-license quiz? I know the SIM tells you what parts the quiz covers, but it would be cool if I could test myself as to how well I've retained the info.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Its pretty easy if you have read the SIM. Just make sure you know cloud clearance requirements and how far from the dropzone a jump plane can drop jumpers - every other question on there is pretty much common sense.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Its pretty easy if you have read the SIM. Just make sure you know cloud clearance requirements and how far from the dropzone a jump plane can drop jumpers - every other question on there is pretty much common sense.

Let's not be giving the test answers away, eh?
We don't teach the test. We teach skydiving.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Huhu... students in Germany are given the questions (loads!) and their answers so they can prepare for the test. :PB|
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Huhu... students in Germany are given the questions (loads!) and their answers so they can prepare for the test. :PB|

USPA Instructor tests are in the IRM, they're all OPEN BOOK.

People STILL fail them! :S:S:S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

IRM? Indiana Railway Museum? Sorry for being ignorant, lacking cultural background, I suppose [:/]

As for "failing tests even with resources at hand": I now and then allow my students to use their notes for a test - if they have them handy. -> First hurdle which sometimes about up to 1/3 won't overcome :( -> Second hurdle: Some of them hectically flip the pages and won't find anything because they were too lazy to either take notes or to file them away in a decent way. -> Next third of them stricken out by themselves. >:(:S

Another topic is dictionaries. "The fücking wörd isn't in the dictio-book!!!!!!!!eleven" In 99% of all cases it is but they aren't able to find it, quite often because their spelling abilities are so poor. Not to talk about them resorting to the first entry they find or just messing verb, adjective or noun...

So yeah, it's strange folks fail the abovementioned tests but it doesn't really surprise me any more...
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

IRM? Indiana Railway Museum? Sorry for being ignorant, lacking cultural background, I suppose [:/]

Sorry, forgot you were over the ocean.

IRM is the USPA's Instructional Rating Manual

It's basically like a SIM (Skydivers Information Manual) but for instructor techniques, rules and requirements.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

...Reviews what the SIMs asked you to review and all will be good!

Personally, as an instructor, I have a problem with this idea.

I could tell you to study A, B and C to pass the test.
And, these days, that just what students will all-too-often do....the minimum to pass a test or get a license.

That leaves you still ignorant of D through Z.
Not good.

Learn the whole damned thing. Knowledge is power. The more you know, the more likely you are to to do the right thing at the right time. That translates directly to safety.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Actually the only reason I mentioned the distance question is that it threw me for a loop - I knew the answer to every other damn question on the thing without even studying, and then after the test I had to get someone to show me WHERE in the SIM that particular answer was at as I couldn't find it! Really pissed me off.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Learn the whole damned thing. Knowledge is power. The more you know, the more likely you are to to do the right thing at the right time. That translates directly to safety.

When I was actively jumping I would read the SIM 2 or 3 times a year. It would keep me up to date on the information and any changes made. It would also assure that when a newer jumper asked a question I could answer it with facts instead of making it up. (Which is done way too often)

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Is it possible to get your B & C license at the same time if you have the right amount of jumps?

Yes. You have to complete (and document) all the requirements for both licenses (jump numbers, skills, training, written tests), but you'd only need to pay for the C license. That's what I did - it took me a while to get water training for the B, so I figured I was close enough to 200 jumps that I'd just wait for the C.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Is it possible to get your B & C license at the same time if you have the right amount of jumps?

Yes. You have to complete (and document) all the requirements for both licenses (jump numbers, skills, training, written tests), but you'd only need to pay for the C license. That's what I did - it took me a while to get water training for the B, so I figured I was close enough to 200 jumps that I'd just wait for the C.

In this case you don't actually get a B license; no number is issued. It is not necessary because as you correctly stated, the requirements still have to be met, other than paying for it. Some have gone straight from A to D in the same manner.
But what do I know?

There is no "practice" quiz.....you will do fine by looking over the sections the SIMs ask you to! Good luck and Blue Skies!

I just found this Jeopardy Game on USPA's site. It is not a B-lic practice quiz but it may help you review after you read the SIM.

www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/JeaopardyGame-Safety.ppt

shibu

There is no "practice" quiz.....you will do fine by looking over the sections the SIMs ask you to! Good luck and Blue Skies!

I just found this Jeopardy Game on USPA's site. It is not a B-lic practice quiz but it may help you review after you read the SIM.

www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/JeaopardyGame-Safety.ppt

Since I was looking for this PPT file, I'll update the link - (typo in the above)

http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/JeopardyGame-Safety.ppt