Miltino1

9 cell vs 7 cell pack volume?

I've been jumping a stiletto 150 and love it. But, I want to get into wingsuiting and I hear thats not the best canopy for the job haha. I have the opportunity for a great deal on a Spectre 170 and I was wondering if it would be a bad Idea to try and stuff it into my container which is for a 150. Or if the pack volume is significantly less enough to where it is not an issue. I know I could always get a spectre 150. but this is a really good deal. Any thoughts?

I'm looking for a 150 Stiletto..... call me.;)

But, check the manufactuers pack volume for your rig and then check the pack volume of the canopy your considering. Whatever you do, don't ask slugs like me for informative answers on the interweb. :)
I do know that the PD storms(7 cell) pack smaller. I was able to put a larger storm into my wings...
Edited to add... http://www.performancedesigns.com/docs/packvol.pdf

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

In my (limited) experience...PD 7 cells (Spectre and Storm) sized at 170 will fit in my 150 container. Barely. And I mean barely. They packed smaller than a similar 9 cell, of course, but the volume reduction was not as much as I was expecting. These were not new canopies fwiw.

YMMV, of course.

How many jumps are on the stiletto? How many on the specter? Is the stiletto tight in the bag and/or in the container already? How good of a packer are you? According to the PIA chart there is only a 2 cubic inch variation between the canopies.(http://www.rigginginnovations.com/files/Docuemnts/Other/PIA%20Canopy%20Volume.pdf). You could probably force a 190 into the tray. I have a tray for a 500 ci canopy with a 370 ci in it currently. I have managed to stuff a 700+ ci canopy into it. Pretty fucking stupid.

According ParaGear catalog, 2006-2007 edition, the Stiletto 150 has 364 cubic inches of volume while the Spectre 170 has 451, but depending on your rig make, check for the compatibility chart for canopy volume.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.