BrianSGermain

3 Minute Video worth watching

No offence to Brian, but I was also wondering what the message was.......

Life...None of us get out alive. It's all about the journey not the destination.

I know we all are willing to take the physical risks by conquering that fear, but who is willing to take the emotional risks to leave our "Comfort Zone" in our everyday life?
Experience is knowing a lot of things you shouldn't do !

I believe the main message he was trying to get across is that it's worth it to go out and try things that are out of your comfort zone. Progress instead of simply moving forward.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

It's advertising. Brian promoting Brian.

Brian has a lot of knowledge and spends the time to make videos and write articles. But then after putting so much effort into trying to educate people, much of the time when he posts a link to a video of his, he gives no description of the contents or conclusion of the video, nor even gives a hint of what the heck the video is about.

So without any description it unfortunately comes across as a little arrogant. It seems like a case of, "All hail! The great God Brian has spoken. To youtube we must journey to receive his words of wisdom. There shall be no questioning or deviation, for all his words are Sacred. The video is 'worth watching', for one and for all!"

Of course one can take it or leave it, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

Still, why go through the effort of trying to teach something and then being so unhelpful?

The same applies to other people. If some newbie comes on this site or some acquaintance emails me, "hey dude check out this cool youtube video", I'd be equally tough and tell them to put a little freaking effort -- and a little courtesy -- into providing a description.

It's advertising. Brian promoting Brian.

Brian has a lot of knowledge and spends the time to make videos and write articles. But then after putting so much effort into trying to educate people, much of the time when he posts a link to a video of his, he gives no description of the contents or conclusion of the video, nor even gives a hint of what the heck the video is about.

I agree. For a professional speaker and instructor it seems a little unstructured and obviously several people missed the point. It's more of a rambling stream of consciousness.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

Sorry for the lack of set-up for this clip. Here is a quick description:

"Excerpt from a keynote talk on the topic of transcending fear, explaining why adventure people have figured out some very profound things. In short, it is about why the world needs more inspired risk-taking".

Perhaps the message comes clearer in this slightly longer cut:

[Url]http://youtu.be/kKL5e5vRIHM[/url]
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com