BravestDog

How does Mike Mullins get his King Air on the ground so quickly?

If you feel the need to Speculate, Investigate, whatever...Use Private Messaging, your telephone and leave your responses out of my posts. I do not want you to post your responses to my questions if they are going to be off topic, accusatory and speculative

I'm going to let you into a little secret which may be of great benefit to your blood pressure: you don't get to control what other people post.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's the flat pitch of the propellers that are acting like a giant fan to slow him down, yes? If you could not control the pitch of the propellers, would this type of descent be possible, or would you go to fast and risk ripping the wings off? Can a Cessna 182 make a descent like the King Air?

What would happen if you put the propellers in reverse while in these steep dive? Could you stop the airplane or make it go back up if you could keep the tail over the nose?

Does Mike Mullins take observers sitting up front on a regular basis or does he prefer to keep observers out and do they pay the same rate of $26?

Does his jumps ever get cheaper than $26 or is that the going rate? I'm comparing this to the Twin Otter at the Parachute Center which costs only $15. Is his King Air the most high performance/fastest jump ship in business?

Yes, it is possible to keep a glass of water on the dash during a rollover/pitchup. I don't think a regular post jump descent would do it, but it is possible.

I've ridden right seat observer with Mullins.

He basically rolls the airplane towards a very steep bank and lets the nose fall towards the ground. I don't think he ever goes inverted, but it sure feels like it. Fairly strong positive g load.
With power at idle, he is in a near vertical dive, with the airspeed up near the top of the yellow arc.

It's pretty cool.

And this is from one observer ride a few years ago, but I'm a pilot, so I understand how the things fly.
If he comes on here and says: "No, that's wrong, I do it this way", listen to him over me. ;)

Wow. I answer one question with a single, personal experience and you nail me with 2 fairly technical questions and 2 that are way, way out of my knowledge base.

And I agree with a lot of the others on here, you sound like a lawyer or a reporter looking for dirt (if you were looking for info for a positive reason, you wouldn't hide it).

You came on very strong. If you want more info from me, I want to know who you are and why you want to know.
You don't have to post the info, PM me if you'd like.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I was hoping to ask some simple questions regarding Skydiving

Not in this thread your not asking simple questions and they have little to with skydiving and more to with flying an aircraft.

Would you politely remove your off topic posts to my questions before I contact the website administrator and have them do it for you? If that is necessary, then you will be wasting their time and my time because of YOUR inappropriate public behavior.

Good luck with that.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

It's the flat pitch of the propellers that are acting like a giant fan to slow him down, yes? If you could not control the pitch of the propellers, would this type of descent be possible, or would you go to fast and risk ripping the wings off? Can a Cessna 182 make a descent like the King Air?

What would happen if you put the propellers in reverse while in these steep dive? Could you stop the airplane or make it go back up if you could keep the tail over the nose?

What does a wing do? Can engines burn apple juice? How much does an elf weigh? Are you an idiot? What's the square root of red? Where are my pants?

What does a wing do? Can engines burn apple juice? How much does an elf weigh? Are you an idiot? What's the square root of red? Where are my pants?

Shades you from the sun, safari search engines only, depends on the g loading, guilty, red, my bedroom floor ;)

If you are really board search some of bravestdogs old threads from before he was banned last time (circa 2003-2004). Some real gems and replies;)

Shades you from the sun, safari search engines only, depends on the g loading, guilty, red, my bedroom floor ;)

Who knew this thread would become so informative.

At the end of the day though, why is an elephant?

@Bravestdog I will question your motives about what types of questions you post. Especially AFTER your posts awhile back asking if it was OK to skydive stoned.

I feel it is my duty after burying friends of mine after 9/11.

You see, there was a group of people that asked questions like yours in the years leading up to that tragic day.

In my humble opinion, based on how you phrase some of your questions, it leads me to believe that you might be an attorney, an investigator of some type, or even worse, a reporter or someone with more sinister motives.

If you feel like telling us a bit more about yourself, and your REASON for asking these completely off the wall questions in 3 different threads, perhaps there would be a bit more cooperation from professionals such as myself.

But here in these United States of America, we have a freedom of speech. If the moderators would like to delete our posts questioning your motives behind this line of questions, then that is their prerogative.

Just to advise you, this is a public forum. And everything written here is public record. And as aviation professionals here in this country, it is our responsibility to protect the National Airspace System. And copies of all these posts have been made, and will be sent on to the proper authorities for investigation if it is deemed necessary.

Remember, YOU don't know who might be reading these.
Airline Transport Pilot, Multi-Engine Land, DHC-8
Commercial Multi-Engine Sea, Single Engine Land
Private Glider

The high descent rate is caused mostly by drag (prop, etc). In all honesty, it doesn't take much skill to put the power levers to idle and pitch for Vne (or whatever limitation is in the AFM for the door mod). Fast turn times are all in the climb. Climbing at other than optimum airspeed, and not arriving at altitude at exactly the right time is what really increases turn times.

do you consider DZ.com american ?? :o:o:o:D

Of course! Although they do let us foreigners play every now and again, so long as we behave ourselves. :P
IIRC it is still a South African website :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

do you consider DZ.com american ?? :o:o:o:D

Of course! Although they do let us foreigners play every now and again, so long as we behave ourselves. :P
IIRC it is still a South African website :D

Well, owned by a South African, hosted in Canada.

But yeah... Go Amerka! ;)
Remster

Davelepka, diverdriver, twatterpilot,

I was hoping to ask some simple questions regarding Skydiving and want people to stay on topic without making False Accusations, Speculation and Comments that are Off Topic especially if it involves me, which it has. I'm not here to be your friend or to be popular. I don't need to know and have no desire to know who you are. I'm interested in asking some questions and learning something. My questions are on topic and relative to the forum.

Would you politely remove your off topic posts to my questions before I contact the website administrator and have them do it for you? If that is necessary, then you will be wasting their time and my time because of YOUR inappropriate public behavior.

If I wish to remain anonymous, guess what, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and it's probably a good idea. Ever hear of Identity Theft, Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Cyber Bullies, Mentally Ill Violent people who want to harm you etc? Guess what, they exist everywhere.

Your responses are Off Topic, Accusatory, Speculatory and you are saying this in a public forum. Amounts to inappropriate behavior.

If you feel the need to Speculate, Investigate, whatever...Use Private Messaging, your telephone and leave your responses out of my posts. I do not want you to post your responses to my questions if they are going to be off topic, accusatory and speculative

I'm going to agree with Chris on this one. You do seem to be asking some odd, slightly loaded questions, and ti does look like that's all you do here.

I would suggest that nobody replies to your posts any further until you fess up and fill out your profile. Who are you, and where do you jump?

Seems you have nicely confirmed everyone's suspicions about you, Dog.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Seems you have nicely confirmed everyone's suspicions about you, Dog.

You don't even know the half of it. I recieved multiple PMs regarding info they had dug up on Bravestdog, Fred Martin Feller, and Skyvandelta (the email address he posted in his profile).

He might be a lawayer in the San Fran area. He might be big into flea markets in that same area. He might be heavy into some shady looking Craigslist stuff, and to top it all off, he appears to be directly connected to the theft of a rig via the mail a few years back, a rig which was later spotted at, big surprise, a San Fran area flea market.

Lucky for us, Bravestdog has fallen silent on this forum, and provided he stays that way, I don't think the issue needs any further consideration. Of course, if he returns to the forum, a closer examination of the links I recieved might be in order. Who or whatever he is, we don't need him around here.

I'm going to agree with Chris on this one. You do seem to be asking some odd, slightly loaded questions, and ti does look like that's all you do here.

I would suggest that nobody replies to your posts any further until you fess up and fill out your profile. Who are you, and where do you jump?

Dave, I think you are right.

Sparky

Feb. 2004

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=910845;#910845

My response

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=910893#910893

Jan. 2004

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=881518#881518

diverdriver’s response

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=882076#882076

Jan. 2004

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=883186#883186

My response.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=883203#883203
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

His response to Davelepka in his "How many feet do you fall" thread is cut an pasted word for word here too. Definitely suspicious.

Davelepka,

I was hoping to ask some simple questions regarding Skydiving and want people to stay on topic without making False Accusations, Speculation and Comments that are Off Topic especially if it involves me, which it has. I'm not here to be your friend or to be popular. I don't need to know and have no desire to know who you are. I'm interested in asking some questions and learning something. My questions are on topic and relative to the forum.

If I wish to remain anonymous, guess what, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and it's probably a good idea. Ever hear of Identity Theft, Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Cyber Bullies, Mentally Ill Violent people who want to harm you etc? Guess what, they exist everywhere.

Your responses are Off Topic, Accusatory, Speculatory and you are saying this in a public forum. Amounts to inappropriate behavior.

Let's not reply to this poster until he fills out his profile with a name and DZ where he jumps. All of his posts are asking basic questions that a real jumper might know, but some of the info is the type of stuff that would be of interest to a reporter or lawyer. Note that he signed up to DZ.com 9 years ago, but he's only asking very basic questions.

In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

@Bravestdog I will question your motives about what types of questions you post. Especially AFTER your posts awhile back asking if it was OK to skydive stoned.

I feel it is my duty after burying friends of mine after 9/11.

You see, there was a group of people that asked questions like yours in the years leading up to that tragic day.

In my humble opinion, based on how you phrase some of your questions, it leads me to believe that you might be an attorney, an investigator of some type, or even worse, a reporter or someone with more sinister motives.

If you feel like telling us a bit more about yourself, and your REASON for asking these completely off the wall questions in 3 different threads, perhaps there would be a bit more cooperation from professionals such as myself.

But here in these United States of America, we have a freedom of speech. If the moderators would like to delete our posts questioning your motives behind this line of questions, then that is their prerogative.

Just to advise you, this is a public forum. And everything written here is public record. And as aviation professionals here in this country, it is our responsibility to protect the National Airspace System. And copies of all these posts have been made, and will be sent on to the proper authorities for investigation if it is deemed necessary.

Remember, YOU don't know who might be reading these.

Nice!B|
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."