gianquittia

Javelin J3 Safire2 145

Hi I am getting a safire 2 145. I'm wondering what you alll thought of putting it in a Javelin J3 Odyssey. The J3 says 150 would be soft fit. I am wondering if the 5 square feet smaller will cause premature openings. I plan to shorten the closing loop. Just wondering what you guys think, because I'd rather wait 'till I downsize again to buy a new container. Thanks!
Be Happy!

I jumped a 145 in a J-4 for years and I have a 129 in it now. It's all in how you pack it. I've never had a premature deployment.

I pack the canopy very narrow. It leaves the sides of the container soft with the mass of the canopy in the center to keep the loop and pin tight.

I jumped my buddys J3 for over 500 jumps, with canopies ranging from 210 down to a 135, the owner of the rig had everything from a paracommander, a 260 base canopy, and down to a Jedi 95.

As CSpenceFly said it's all how you pack it, from d-bag size to closing loop length.