Deisel

Outrage Over Skydiving Cat Video

You know this actually could be kind of cool. You've seen how they spread out when they fall and jump. I wonder if they would stay stable on their bellies. A rig would be easy. I've got pin pullers and old aad's. Any body ever taken a cat into a wind tunnel to see how they act? Pud, Robbins old dog used to love to jump tandom with him.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

It should be obvious this is fake! I wonder how these people would react to the video of people taking chickens skydiving.

It's only a Google search away.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

You know this actually could be kind of cool. You've seen how they spread out when they fall and jump. I wonder if they would stay stable on their bellies. A rig would be easy. I've got pin pullers and old aad's. Any body ever taken a cat into a wind tunnel to see how they act? Pud, Robbins old dog used to love to jump tandom with him.

Lee

I had an instructor that told us a story about someone taking a cat up with them and jumping with it. He claimed the cat tracked over to him and latched on. Ended up with huge gashes in his chest. I would like to see the video of that one.

Lee

I had an instructor that told us a story about someone taking a cat up with them and jumping with it. He claimed the cat tracked over to him and latched on. Ended up with huge gashes in his chest. I would like to see the video of that one.

That reminds me of a - fiction - story in SKYDIVING magazine about 20 years ago. The title was "The Man Who Loved Cat Chasing." The plot was sick and twisted and perverse and I laughed my cat-loving ass off!

W...T...F.. how would any moron believe that is real?

The same kind of moron s who voted for... wait, never mind. wrong forum.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

I wonder if they would stay stable on their bellies.

Years ago, I was told that cats fall "back to earth" -- as opposed to cats "return to earth". Of course the guy who told me this was someone who should know, he was pretty "weird".

Anybody know Harold?
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

I could be wrong but from memory I watched that russian cat one a while back, that one showed in the CNN story is actually the second one. You will notice its' claws are taped over? The first time they did it they hadn't thought of this and it scratched the shit out of someone else in the plane/the jumper IIRC.

I could be wrong but from memory I watched that russian cat one a while back, that one showed in the CNN story is actually the second one. You will notice its' claws are taped over? The first time they did it they hadn't thought of this and it scratched the shit out of someone else in the plane/the jumper IIRC.

..."after three years of competition, he'd finally made it to the World Cat Chasing Championships."...

..."No beast alive could scratch like a cat in freefall. That was part of it, the sheer insanity of six adults chasing a cat through the sky at speeds in excess of 120mph"...

..."There had been moves by some to have the cats de-clawed. -to make it safer-, they said. But they were outsiders. They never really understood the sport. The claws made it more than just a high altitude football game. The claws were the sting"...

..."There were very few human Fatalities in the sport. The cats did not fare as well"...

..."The best known human fatality was the legendary Rocco Van Zant"...

From the Book MORE BEDTIME STORIES FOR SKYDIVERS, by Larry Schatz

Great read!, on sale at http://www.skydivingmagazine.com/clearance.htm

BSBD

Felipe
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

This book has both stories - Cat Chasing and Cat Stacking.

I made an amateur translations to Russian for my friends of some of the stories from this fantastic book, but never touched these Cat stories - I didn't want the outrage:)

Ppl sometimes just loses their minds while discussing about pets. Sense of humor goes off first.

It should be obvious this is fake! I wonder how these people would react to the video of people taking chickens skydiving.

As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly.

an Arthur Carlson quote. i tip my hat. you sir understand funny.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

I know several; guys ( now deceased) who jumped with a cat back int 60s. It was okay I guess, untuil the cat scratched one of them in FF and the cat scratched him.

I dont know if he tried to get it again, but he didnt and the cat screeched in.

Knowing the guys in this episode, I doubt they held a funeral for it.

They also jumped with a monkey, and they intended for it to decend to earth using a pilot chute. The monkey climbed up over the top of the pilot chute, and tumbled. every time he would be under the chute, he was okay, but he insisted on climbing onto the top of the PC and he paid the price for it.

If you think something never happened, you can be sure it did.

Chuteless, did you ever run across a guy named Harold, in eastern North Carolina? I have heard the monkey story before, as well as the cat story -- and this Harold claimed to have been there for one or the other -- but I haven't seen him for some 30 years now.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.