steve1

Not Current?

Ever since the Doc talked about cutting my nuts off, as a solution for postate cancer, I've been very crotchety. (In more ways than one). I figure I was born into this world with two nuts, and I plan on going out the same way!

I'm hoping to come out of all this intact. I don't have much cancer.....Loma Linda hospital is the only way to go. (Proton Radiation). The treatments are painless....95% kill rate on the cancer....and I can probably still jump, for the two months that I'm there.

Sorry I was so grumpy, earlier! I never figured I'd ever live long enough to become a grumpy old man, or I would have taken better care of myself....

145 bucks for the currency jump which included the jump ticket...

I had to rent gear so toss in another 100 bucks. Should have never sold my rig!!!!

Probably sounds pricy but for the service, level of attention and thoroughness I received it was money well spent.
"I once met three guys named pain, suffering and sacrafice. Now were inseperable, were best friends."

-Lance Armstrong

I haven't jumped in three, maybe four years. I need to get my log books out to check. If I showed up at a place like Perris, what would I have to do? I have about 850 jumps...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

All you need is a brief discussion with DZ management and a ride to altitude. You'll be fine.

My jump history includes many long layoffs. I recently returned after nearly a year off, my longest break to date. Did a short solo, no big deal. Nailed the target as well! B|

My rig had been packed for 11 months. It opened beautifully after a brief snivel. Am looking forward to jumping my Wonderhog/Strato Cloud, which has been packed for more than a year now. I'll pull a little high.

Welcome back.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Am looking forward to jumping my Wonderhog/Strato Cloud...

I had my 1st generation wonderhog in a storage unit on the left coast a few years ago, I was cleaning it out and thought why not.

Waiting to board the aircraft @ perris where I don't often jump, a local hot-shoe points at it and says - "WHO the heck sold you THAT ratty old piece of shit?"

Ummm...Bill Booth, when it was brand new. :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Problem is, for every 5 (or 10 or 50) recurrency jumps that go well, there is one like this;
[http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4132801;search_string=Chasing%20your%20student%20into%20the%20ground;#4132801
My guess is that a lot of people that are taking the "no problem, just jump" position on this might well be the first to crucify any instructor or coach that let a non-current jumper up if thing go to shit.
Three or four years is a long time.
I've done a lot of recurrency training and jumps, and the guys with the " I'm too good, or I've been in the sport too long to get retrained" attitude may be right, but I'm too good an I and I/E and have been in the sport long enough to blow off that kind of CRAP!
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.