tkhayes

Skydive City Petition - re: Security Fencing

Done.

We have a stupid TSA security fence here at my DZ.

Luckily we only take off from the runway that is fenced in with keycard access, but our landing area (although in the fenced area, is open through our "own" gate that we leave open during the day).

It really is a lousy waste of money. Short of hundreds of rolls of razor wire, a regular security fence isn't going to do anything!

The only time I have seen ours keep someone out it was some poor guy that was looking at a plane he was supposed to by.

However many 100K's spent to keep out one poor private pilot.

If the city can't be stopped consider lobbying for your own really large opening and gate that you can leave open during business hours.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

http://www.ci.zephyrhills.fl.us/about1025.asp

"Zephyrhills is a friendly community which respects and embraces its past and heritage, values the diversity of its residents, and encourages economic growth and development while retaining its small town, neighborly charm."

If they put up the fence, they should probably remove the CRW pic from their website and the phrase 'encourages economic growth'.