potatoman

How busy is your DZ

Is there a place to find out how busy a DZ is?

Suppose this can be subdevided into 3 main groups:
Seasonal DZ
Weekend DZ
Permanent DZ

I am looking for numbers.
If I can recall correctly, my nearest turbine dz did about 12 000 jumps last year (weekender DZ)
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

How many people know this type of info about their DZ?

Really, too many factors come into play. You have year-round DZs and seasonal DZs, and within each catagory, there will be DZs that are open 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 days per week. Comparing them becomes tough when you have such a variety of days open per year.

Just wondering, why do you ask? My feelings are if I can show up to a DZ and make as many jumps as I want, the place is 'busy enough'. If I want to make 7 or 8 jumps per day, and they fly 25 loads and I get on every 3rd load, good for me. If they fly 8 loads, and shut down in between each one so I have time to pack, and I make every load, also good for me.

My feelings are if I can show up to a DZ and make as many jumps as I want, the place is 'busy enough'. If I want to make 7 or 8 jumps per day, and they fly 25 loads and I get on every 3rd load, good for me. If they fly 8 loads, and shut down in between each one so I have time to pack, and I make every load, also good for me.

That sums it up concisely.

I have a lot of Cessna DZ friends that ask how can I possibly enjoy going to such a 'busy' drop-zone as mine.

It's simply because I an jump all day at my pace and not have to wait for a load...it's just 'busy enough'

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No idea why you're looking for the numbers but I'll bite...mainly because I'm bored...and enjoying beer.

Perris: 130k. Source: reported to Perris chamber of commerce

All of the below were included in the FAA PLA study:

Deland: 93k
X-Keys: 53k
Sebastian: 20-40k
Palatka: 16k
Rando FL Cessna DZs - mainly TDM: 1500-5k

ZHills: 74k - as reported on their FB page and in the email newsletter.

Conclusions? CA, FL, "Joisey" all doing pretty damned good. I'm sure AZ may do a jump or two as does Chicago and the PNW and New England and TX.

Better stats: buddies that have done the x-country roadies and have always been able to find a plane to jump from, in season.

But like everyone else: comes down to desire and dollars...

I was just wondering.....
93k is 250ish per day.

Sure. 11 Otter loads is 231 slots, and it's not hard for a busy DZ to swing that. Consdier that on the weekends, some busy DZs are running two Otters non-stop, which could be 20+ loads (per plane).

So that's 40 loads per day, which equals 861 slots/day on Sat and Sun, for a weekend total of 1722 slots. If you're looking for a yearly total of 93k, that's 1788 per week, so a busy weekend takes care of most of their weekly quota. So factor in some weekday activity, and some weather days, throw in a boogie or big-way event (or both), and there you go.

Difficult to comprehend when you come from the smaller places....
Sure that is more per day than some countries do in a year.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.