ToastyB

Lowest jump # SCR

Hello People,

I hold an SCR, number 14941, and I achieved my SCR on jump number 33 of my skydiving career. I was curious what the lowest jump number an SCR was achieved. If anyone has some incite or a lower jump number for their SCR I would love to know.

Thanks all!

I was on a jump where we did an eight way with a guy making his first jump. I don't think he sent in for a SCR # though. This happened back in the twentieth century...

I've seen a tandem student get her SCR before.

Remember the SCR is because people like you and want to help you get it by dragging your happy-ass into an 8-way. The SCS is where you show you can fly a little bit.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was on someone's SCR/SCS jump (he broke out and closed again) when he was in his high 20's, I believe. I don't remember for sure exactly how many, might have been in the 30's or even low 40's, but I don't think so. Either way, he was the most natural I ever saw. Went on later to become a US 4-way champ.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

do we know a lowest jump number for an SCS?

Jim Slocum by a mile IIRC. He was an experienced pilot and I think was one of the jump pilots at Coolidge when he closed 8th or later on jump number.... 7.

He and his now-wife Val are both still active, so I'm sure they or someone closer to them can confirm or correct my recollection.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

I was on a jump where we did an eight way with a guy making his first jump. I don't think he sent in for a SCR # though. This happened back in the twentieth century...

I've seen a tandem student get her SCR before.

If I am thinking of the same one you are, I believe it was a 2 pt 20 way! A certain DZO's wife with members of Airspeed and manufacturer reps? That was a fun jump!

Cant speak for others during the event but I personally did one with 17 jumps. She ended up on a 20 way by the end of the week!