FlyingRhenquest

Woot! Just Got My A License Spam!

Hooray! I just got my "Congratulations on your A-License" E-Mail from the USPA! Apparently the first time the paperwork got sent in, it went missing. By this point I already have 66 jumps and half an hour of tunnel time. All I really just need water training, a written exam and a checkout dive to qualify for my B. Better late than never, though!

I'm really amazed at how far I've come since July. I'm already planning the next several years' vacations around dropzones I can visit. Looks like it'll keep me busy for a while!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Isn't there some freefall skills that need to be demonstrated in a certain amount of time? Or is it just a "yeah I can do that"?
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

c. aerial performance requirements, either:

(1) demonstrated the ability to perform individual maneuvers (left 360, right 360, backloop, left 360, right 360, backloop) in freefall in 18 seconds or less

(2) or successful completion of the planned formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps

For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Bruce I ran a drop zone for 34 years, Archway in Illinois. My son Kirk was a world champion in 4 way on the team Arizona Airspeed which he helped form. Yesterday my grandson won the indoor World Championship in Singapore, his name is Alex Verner. Plus that event paid him $5000 for 1st place. He is only 18 but following in his dad's foot steps. Kirk was a world champ for about 12 years in 4 way rw. Kirk now manages the wind tunnel in Raeford NC Paraclete XP. We should get together sometime and compare stories. I have 5541 jumps but retired from skydiving in 1999 when I sold the dz. Blue Skies Dave Verner Congrats on your A License.

Bruce I ran a drop zone for 34 years, Archway in Illinois. My son Kirk was a world champion in 4 way on the team Arizona Airspeed which he helped form. Yesterday my grandson won the indoor World Championship in Singapore, his name is Alex Verner. Plus that event paid him $5000 for 1st place. He is only 18 but following in his dad's foot steps. Kirk was a world champ for about 12 years in 4 way rw. Kirk now manages the wind tunnel in Raeford NC Paraclete XP. We should get together sometime and compare stories. I have 5541 jumps but retired from skydiving in 1999 when I sold the dz. Blue Skies Dave Verner Congrats on your A License.

Good Genes! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Good Genes! B|

Good genes:)
One Jump Wonder

He is only 18 but following in his dad's foot steps. Kirk was a world champ for about 12 years in 4 way rw. Kirk now manages the wind tunnel in Raeford NC Paraclete XP.

I think I found a clue. . . :D

My kid worked in the wind tunnel. He pretty much sailed thru AFF and getting his A license. Don't you wish they had that stuff when we were kids?:D

It's amazing how many super talented flyers are out there now. I'm not a klutz in the tunnel by any means, but I sure feel like an amateur some times. :S:D

Yeah kids these days... flying around over my lawn...

'Course my parents wouldn't have been able to afford tunnel time when I was young anyway, and they probably did have them some years back when I was younger, if I'd thought to go looking. Guess I'll just have to make do with what I've got now. I'm still a pretty awkward flier too, but I can actually see myself getting better. That's something, anyway.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Isn't there some freefall skills that need to be demonstrated in a certain amount of time? Or is it just a "yeah I can do that"?

Yes..in the SIM.
I strongly suggest that you get one, read it and learn it.

Here is all the requirement for a B license. The bold print indicates freefall-related items:

2. Persons holding a USPA B license are able to exercise all privileges of an A-license holder, perform night jumps, with 100 jumps are eligible for the USPA
Coach Rating, and must have—

a. obtained a USPA A license

b. completed 50 jumps including:
(1) accumulated at least 30 minutes of
controlled freefall time

(2) landed within ten meters of target center
on ten jumps

c. aerial performance requirements, either:
(1) demonstrated the ability to perform individual
maneuvers (left 360, right 360, backloop,
left 360, right 360, backloop) in freefall in 18
seconds or less
(2) or successful completion of the planned
formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps

d. documentation of live water landing training with
full equipment in accordance with the procedures
in the Skydiver’s Information Manual

e. complete all of the requirements listed on the
USPA Canopy Piloting Proficiency Card (effective
January 1, 2012)

f. passed the written USPA B license exam conducted
by a current USPA I, I/E, S&TA, or USPA
Board member.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239