JoeyH

Wings or vector?

Single sided RSL on a Racer?

I have queried some riggers and no one has ever heard of a single sided RSL option on a Racer. I have the Racer manual in my shop, and the DVD from PIA handed out by Jump Shack at PIA, and do not find any such option.

Look on page 9 of your manual, 2nd column, 2nd paragraph:

The cross connector/reserve lanyard may be optionally assembled to a single riser. This assembly method is preferred by some operators as it eliminates the cross connector feature. How ever, this method does make the system sensitive to the connected side. If the connected side of the main releases first a main reserve entanglement could occur, as with other systems.

We don't tell you how because we think it is a bad idea but we do alllow it. Your are on your own if you make that decision.

The Racer and Dolphin rigs are both very hideous looking to me. ...

I'd look into the Javelin. ...

.........................................................................................

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Like you, I never did like the original method of packing Dolphin reserve pilot-chutes, so Altico (aka. "the Dolphin factory") sent me a letter confirming that they test-dropped Dolphin prototypes packed with one flap over the pilot-chute (original Dolphin method) and with two flaps over the pilot-chute (BasiK, Genesis, Javelin, Vortex II, Wings, etc. method) and saw no difference in deployments. The letter says that both packing methods are approved for Dolphins.

ergo. for the last decade, I have only packed Dolphins with two flaps over the reserve pilot-chute (ala. Javelin).

I hope you guys have good safety reasons why you want to buy a curv. I'm not saying anything bad about them - but purchasing a life saving device based purely on looks is idiotic. Do research on the safety side of any rig before you buy it. Ask riggers what they think. Investigate the pros and ons of skyhooks, rsls. In Some rigs aads function far better in than others. Know that. But being good looking is an incredibly poor choice for choosig a rig. But I bet 90 percent of skydivers couldn't discuss safety pros and cons of various rigs. And that's really sad for life saving devices.

I chose two Curvs because of the comfort, and the way the reserve packs (every rigger that has packed my Voodoo raves about it). I chose it for the re-design of the closing loop channel, allowing the pin to be more discreet and less likely to be moved when sliding around the wall of the aircraft. I bought it because of the new way the articulated legstraps balance better and more comfortably, and comfortable, balanced legstraps helpe reduce linetwists (very important in a wingsuit rig). The way RI does dynamic corners for wingsuits is very well thought-out, different than most everyone else). I'm spoiled, all my reserve rides have been in RI harness'.
The main tray packs and closes easily, and looks sweet closed up. I like how the overall look, too.