AviationTD

Moving Again: Austin, TX

The title pretty much says it all. This time, I am moving to an uncharted territory: Austin, TX. As a skydiving addict, I searched for a dropzone and I came across with two dropzones that is within the striking distance: Skydive Temple and Skydive San Marcos. Any suggestions or recommendations for newly-minted certified skydiver?

Any suggestions or recommendations for newly-minted certified skydiver?

Yea go to both and sit back and keep your ears & eyes open and your mouth shut, make a number of trips to both, then make up your mind what one you like the best to call home, and keep the other one for a get away.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I lived in San Antonio and started skydiving at San Marcos. It's a good DZ with nice facilities. They've got an Otter for most weekends and a Caravan for the slower weekdays. The staff is very professional and very experienced and they have a good number of fun-jumpers. There are some very good free-flyers and it looks like a growing number of belly-flyers. I've never jumped at Temple, so I can't compare the two.

Yea go to both and sit back and keep your ears & eyes open and your mouth shut, make a number of trips to both, then make up your mind what one you like the best to call home, and keep the other one for a get away.

Great advice! I will definitely take your advice.

Skydive Temple peaked my interest a bit more than Skydive San Marcos because of the CReW activity.

The title pretty much says it all. This time, I am moving to an uncharted territory: Austin, TX. As a skydiving addict, I searched for a dropzone and I came across with two dropzones that is within the striking distance: Skydive Temple and Skydive San Marcos. Any suggestions or recommendations for newly-minted certified skydiver?

Try both! I work at Skydive San Marcos and really like it here. We have a super-nice Otter, two Caravans, and a really nice facility. I have a bunch of buddies at Temple as well.

Chuck