wildfan75

Cutaway Loop Incident(s)?

Can anyone help me find info on incident(s) that were or may have been caused by the cutaway loop (the loop on the risers that the cutaway cable goes through) breaking? My brain has me thinking that it was with an Infinity rig? I tried to use the search function but must not be coming up with the right string of words. I'm not looking to stir anything up but just looking for info for research and learning purposes. Any help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks for that link but not what I was thinking of. My memory may be failing me, but I seem to recall an incident or two when the white loop that the cutaway cable goes through broke, releasing the riser on that side, causing a very low malfunction where the jumper didn't have time to cutaway and deploy the reserve in time.

I believe you both are thinking about, Integrity risers and the failures that were happening on those hunk of shit ones where the shoestring was getting ripped off the riser at the junction box stitch.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Can anyone help me find info on incident(s) that were or may have been caused by the cutaway loop (the loop on the risers that the cutaway cable goes through) breaking? My brain has me thinking that it was with an Infinity rig?

Whew! I can handle premature wearing. I check for that. Suddenly breaking? That's a whole 'nother can of worms. :D