jakebaustin

I'm moving to Oklahoma City

Actually I'm moving to El reno from Montana for work and I'm curious what everyone has to say about the dropzones around OKC. Can I pitch a tent at their dropzones, jump ticket prices, gear rentals? all those kinds of things. I'm gonna check out all the dropzones when I get down there but I just want to see what people have to say. thanks for the info

+ 1
Skydive Dallas has everything you're looking for and more.
L/O's and Instructors for all disciplines and experience levels.
Awesome atmosphere.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

There are a few up there, but I've never been. As far as I know they are all smaller Cessna operations. There have to be close to a dozen folks from Tulsa/OKC area who regularly jump at SDD (about 3 hours from there I believe). SKydive Airtight is the one I hear mentioned the most, but I've never been there.

As mentioned... Mostly Cessna operations.
I used to jump with several of the Pegasus instructional staff at Skydive Dallas; but have never been to their DZ.
OSC has a good vibe and trains a lot of students.
Skydive Airtight (as mentioned) was an off-shoot of what used to be Green Country Skydivers.
Lloyd went down to the other side of the airport and I opened Tulsa Tandems.
Skydive Airtight remained and is now owned by Stoobie.
Good staff, good people, fun jumps, long history from the past as far back as the nationals in Muskogee and Tahlequah.
Used to work at Skydive Tulsa when it was up in Catoosa/Claremore and still know quite a few of the folks there which is now in Haskell, OK.

A lot of people will jump locally and then do at least a once a month road trip to SDD to get the turbines, load-organizing and discipline-specific training.

Hope that helps.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.