MonicaheartFox

If you could create the perfect DZ...

Add a great DZO with a world class sense of humor, and you have Jerry's Skydiving Circus in Franklin, Indiana.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Grass strip, 182, no politics, cold beer @ end of day... what else do you PUSSIES really need.:P

Sounds like where I stared jumping...

182 on a grass strip with a private club full of beer drinking old schoolers.!

I can't complain about my 'home dz' now...Spaceland has good weather, nice aircraft, great people - and it's 40 minutes away from my house.

If someone would have told me 35 years ago I'd be living a stones throw away from a year round multi turbine DZ that's run like clockwork... I'd have thought they were dreaming! :ph34r:

Only thing better would be free pizza & handjobs during the ride to altitude!! >:(

MY fantasy 'perfect dropzone' would be a traveling one.

A personal Super Otter with 1/2 a dozen friends going from place to place jumping when, where and how ever much we wanted to...the GOOD life! B|

Caravan on floats...ah WTF!!! An Otter on floats.

A personal Super Otter with 1/2 a dozen friends going from place to place jumping when, where and how ever much we wanted to...the GOOD life! B|

Sounds like the Navy guys who set up camp at our DZ for a couple weeks. They had a Sienna with a tailgate and a pretty hard-core looking oxygen system. I saw them jumping a couple of times on the DZ's usual "off" days. At least once thought to myself "That can't be our guys. They're all coming down in the same direction!" All one after another in a tidy little pattern.

I can't find an argument against a travelling DZ that would really stand up, other than I'm sure there are probably a few FAA regs that would make it problematic. I think that you'd have to sell a fair number of tandems at each destination in order to pay for gas, food and airplane maintenance. Possibly the cost of living and any drama in the group might suck the fun out of it.

You could always pitch the idea as a reality TV show!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

My partner and I are an easy drive from 2 great turbine DZ's (SDC and CSC). But we are even closer to a classic, small Cessna DZ on private property in a small Iowa farm field.

Each of these DZ's has unique qualities that we like, but our 'perfect DZ' is wherever we end up on a particular weekend.

Sometimes, Skydive Iowa is the 'perfect' DZ. Those hot summer days cranking out hop-n-pops and having the landing area to myself is a little bit of heaven.

;)

I thought Nagambie and Bridgewater in Vic Australia went pretty close. Turbine planes. good people good vibes. Politics yeah the ones I created anyway (LOL) Beer for those inclined to partake.
large landing areas. what more in a DZ could you possibly want. except closer location.
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??