baronn

As many as you can

If a person isn't going to break the record, I don't see much point in doing it for a 24 hour period. Why would anyone want to abuse themselves that way? I can't believe it would be fun. I think it would feel more like an endurance test, but without a record possibility, why do it?

You might want to check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x6_ZH_cMos
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Quade, a personal record is a record... Why did Pat Moorhead ONLY do 80 jumps on his 80th birthday ? he could have done much more...
Why only jump 4way flat ? that's not a record ?
Why ?
Seriously, your remarks makes me believe you are sometimes, despite the respect I have for your greenie status, a jumping whuffo
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Been asked for more info, I'll give what I can. All jumps are gonna be from approx. 6k. Turns need to be quick to get this many in the air. Planning on a Boogie event with overnight camping and food. Packers will be available. Obviously B license for the night jumps. That's all we have at this stage, will post more as it becomes available. Thanks

Quade, a personal record is a record... Why did Pat Moorhead ONLY do 80 jumps on his 80th birthday ? he could have done much more...
Why only jump 4way flat ? that's not a record ?
Why ?
Seriously, your remarks makes me believe you are sometimes, despite the respect I have for your greenie status, a jumping whuffo

How I read Quade's statement is that for him, even setting a personal 24hr jump record would not be worth the trouble, and I agree. My record is 17 self-packed jumps in one day (over about 16 hrs), and I was worn out by the end of it. Keeping jumping would have been a safely hazard, as my fingers were starting to cramp. I could easily see my tired-ass self falling asleep under canopy in the wee hours of the morning...

Not having to pack I could jump a lot more, but I still would not want to try to go past 18 or so hours.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

>If you had the chance to jump as much as you could in a 24 hr period, how much
>would you be willing to pay?

Wouldn't be the cost, would be the number of jumps. I've made ~20 fun jumps a day (many hop and pops due to WX at a boogie) and 16 working jumps a day (team video.) I wouldn't want to go much beyond that because I wouldn't enjoy it.

If you had the chance to jump as much as you could in a 24 hr period, how much would you be willing to pay? In the neighborhood of 130-140 loads can be flown.

When we were doing the Boogie 'til-ya-puke at West Tennessee Skydiving where you could jump with one rig, 14,500', all day Saturday and Sunday, for $99, the average jumper was making 14 jumps for the weekend. Some made as many as 30 jumps.

One weekend we offered "Rock-Aroung-The-Clock" where you could jump from 8 AM Saturday to sunset Sunday, 36 hours of jumping for $99. Conditions were ideal with a full moon and no wind. After about 3AM on Sunday no one would jump anymore. Started back up 8 Sunday.

Mike Mullins
West Tennessee Skydiving

Doesn't interest me at all. It's extremely rare that cost of additional jumps is the reason I stop jumping for the day.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Doesn't interest me at all. It's extremely rare that cost of additional jumps is the reason I stop jumping for the day.

I jump for fun. I wouldn't want to pack my a$$ off just to make a bunch of hop n pops or wear myself ragged trying to set a personal record. My most in one day is 11 tandems, packing mostly myself. Valinda made 12 that day. That was plenty for me. :)

I jump for fun. I wouldn't want to pack my a$$ off just to make a bunch of hop n pops or wear myself ragged trying to set a personal record. My most in one day is 11 tandems, packing mostly myself. Valinda made 12 that day. That was plenty for me. :)

I made 22 on my 22nd birthday, October 22nd ~ all @ 10,500 & packing for myself...got burned out 1/2 way through and never felt any desire to do anything like that again.

As with most things in life, the quality seems to go down when the quantity goes up.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I made 70 for my 70th birthday .Then I made on more to jump with my packing crew. It was a fund raiser fro Leader Dogs. At 60 I made 60 for 60 as a fund raiser for MS. I was handed a beer on landing . Then the sky cleared for 14000 but I was pulled off the load as there was to much news and TV people around. Pat Moorehead was my inspiration for my last ordeal. He always was a great guy.