CloudyHead

cheap hop 'n pops -- economically efficient?

the best part of all of this is that i removed that review a year ago, because i was willing to let this bullshit slide. Now I'm considering reposting my review after that threat. Thanks Jason Warren

Ya know what...

Unless it's keepin' ya up nights, might wanna just let it slide.

In the grand scheme of things, what ever you say in some review, will in truth do little to cure cancer or stop hunger.

Way to early in your skydiving career to get jammed up with DZ politics...Hell, it's way too early in MY skydiving career too! :$

Who knows, maybe ten years down the road you just may need a favor from a friend of a guy that knows a guy who heard about you from some other guy ~ that you 'like to go out of your way to stir up shit'...

...and there ya are with a dead hooker in the trunk of your car, and the only guy for 20 miles with a shovel & a plastic mattress cover to loan ~ thinks you're an asshole.

ALWAYS best to think ahead, just remain neutral on the politics...might save ya 20 to life!

:);)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

the best part of all of this is that i removed that review a year ago, because i was willing to let this bullshit slide. Now I'm considering reposting my review after that threat. Thanks Jason Warren

Way to early in your skydiving career to get jammed up with DZ politics...Hell, it's way too early in MY skydiving career too! :$

:);)

I was dragged into the politics just by choosing another dropzone. Maybe someday they will forgive me for my awful and cruel behavior. And who told you about the dead hookers.. >:( I WAS THE VICTIM

BTW, I ain't hiding, and I have seen a lot of these personal attack posts that you have been putting up. Please, keep naming people. Tis fine by me. If you carefully re-read what I originally posted, I never said that you were banned. I only questioned if you would even be allowed to jump there. I never said you couldn't.
The DZ is a VERY small volunteer run organization. The people that you are slagging are the people who have committed timeless hours to ensure that the operations continue. Although some of us have our short moments at time, they are far between. We are all human and sometimes we have our bad moments. Perhaps you were around when he had one of his. I don't know, but I do know what I have seen from your postings, and I know him personally.
If you wanted to have a better experience in Skydiving, spamming internet boards, and not talking directly with the BOD at the DZ are not ways to be successful IMHO.
I am expecting that this topic will be closed shortly by a greenie, like many of your other topics that have had numerous personal attacks, which of course are against the rules of the DZ.com board. On a side note, if you ever want to talk, give me a call/pm/email me, and I can help you out however I best can.
Back to the original topic. Money should not be a driver between whether or not you jump at 3k (which is allowed CSPA PIM 1 states for a solo you have to deploy by 2500 ft) vs 10.5k. IMHO, one should have well rounded skills, and then as they progress, specialize. If you only have 40 jumps... just get out and jump.
As for fitting in, if you don't find that you communicate well with one person, there are other instructor, and coaches out there. Unlike other dz's, as we are all volunteers, we coach for free. The expectation though, as we were and are, is to pitch in and help out the greater cause.
One last note (and this is a personal peeve), don't spam the boards with multiple posts over a short period of time. Think of what you want to post, and then post it.

Be helpful at the DZ, make friends, If you show up at the DZ and there is no one with more experience than you to jump with then get in a hop and pop. As the day gets busy and you see a good skydiver or group willing to work with you go to alt. Dont forget to buy beer. That is the most economically efficient way to learn this sport.