NSEMN8R

182 floor mat

wrestling-type gym mats (i.e. rubber-coated fairly dense foam)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The blue camping sleeping mats they sell at WalMart.
I made a template out of cardboard. Then I used shoegoo to glue two layers together cutting it so that the seams would not overlap. Cut out notches for the side and rear seat belts and a hole for the seat belts in the center right behind the pilot seat. Then bound with cordura. Marco from the AeroStore did the sewing for me.Most comfortable mat I have ever been on in a 182.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

You want to order high resiliency foam (usually have to get it online not at your local craft store) and its expensive, but worth it. Make a template of your floor, using a electric food trimmer, cut your foam. Take it to an upholster and have them cover it. I use Naugahyde, as it passes the FAA burn test, which inspectors like to see, and it's incredibly durable) I've done 3 mats this way. Total for each was close to $700 (around $200 in foam and $500 to the upholster, but we did 2 colors and trim, could be less for more basic ). Worth every penny! I have one that we did almost 8 years ago, foam still feels like new, no rips anywhere and looks professional! Foamonline.com is a good source for foam

wrestling-type gym mats (i.e. rubber-coated fairly dense foam)

Wendy P.

Ditto this. We have three 182s and the most comfortable mat is the one we got from a high school that was replacing their gym floor mat and we picked up their old one. The second best one is the similar to this one, and the most uncomfortable one is basically cheap foam with a nylon cover.

I assume it's like an electric knife. Kind of a mini chainsaw that I only ever bust out for carving turkeys, but whoah does it carve the hell out of a turkey. It's also handy for disassembling artichokes and pot roasts. I imagine it'd do a pretty good job on foam too (Just wash it before Thanksgiving rolls around.)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?