Paul_sri150

Best place to buy suits/trousers/jackets in UK?

I'm starting my AFF course at the end of next month, but I don't fancy wearing a smelly DZ suit!

Can anyone help a newbie and point me in the right direction for the best places to buy gear in UK?

I'm not in the financial situation yet to but myself my own canopy/rig etc, but just looking to get the basics what I'm not going to get as part of course

Thanks in advance!

I would imagine the DZ will prefer you to wear one of their suits during your AFF.
There are lots of different suits depending on what discipline you want to get into free fly or FS and also your fall rate, do you fall slow or fast will affect the type of suit you buy tight or lose fitting.
I’d recommend you do the AFF course in the DZ suit and get some feedback from your instructors as they will be able to advise you better than anyone on here.

I would imagine the DZ will prefer you to wear one of their suits during your AFF.
There are lots of different suits depending on what discipline you want to get into free fly or FS and also your fall rate, do you fall slow or fast will affect the type of suit you buy tight or lose fitting.
I’d recommend you do the AFF course in the DZ suit and get some feedback from your instructors as they will be able to advise you better than anyone on here.

Thanks

I just want to have stuff ready for once my licence is in my hand!

I'll probably go down the freestyle route as I can always use it for BASE jumps etc

+1
talk to your instructor after a few jumps as he'll have a much better idea of how fast you fall than than you ever will at 0 jumps, i wear a fat suit because i fall like a brick:P
forget base for now and concentrate on your aff as theres an awfull lot to learn first. i think as a minimum you need 200 jumps before even being looked at for the base course,and you may get a few eyes rolling at the dz talking base jumping before you've started learning.
which dz are you doing your aff?

Hey, if we all had to wear smelly jumpsuits, so do you! What makes you so damn special? :P

Look at it this way; once you're done wearing the smelly jumpsuit, it will make you appreciate your own that much more once you get it. ;) You could always talk to the nice people at manifest, maybe they aren't aware the jumpsuits are smelly. Do you have Febreeze over there? You could always spray your suit before you wear it. Or, just douse yourself in even more stinky cologne to cover up the stinky jumpsuit!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

+1
talk to your instructor after a few jumps as he'll have a much better idea of how fast you fall than than you ever will at 0 jumps, i wear a fat suit because i fall like a brick:P
forget base for now and concentrate on your aff as theres an awfull lot to learn first. i think as a minimum you need 200 jumps before even being looked at for the base course,and you may get a few eyes rolling at the dz talking base jumping before you've started learning.
which dz are you doing your aff?

I'm no lightweight so I'll probably fall like a brick too lol

Thanks again for the advice, I think I'm just getting ahead of myself, I like to have everything organised haha

Looks like I'll have to take one step at a time!

Hoping to do it at langar or hibaldstow, but more than likely langar as seems to be more bang for your buck :)

Hey, if we all had to wear smelly jumpsuits, so do you! What makes you so damn special? :P

Look at it this way; once you're done wearing the smelly jumpsuit, it will make you appreciate your own that much more once you get it. ;) You could always talk to the nice people at manifest, maybe they aren't aware the jumpsuits are smelly. Do you have Febreeze over there? You could always spray your suit before you wear it. Or, just douse yourself in even more stinky cologne to cover up the stinky jumpsuit!

Haha true!

I'm sure they r fine anyway, the last one I wore on a tandem was brand new, I'm not that OCD to febreeze it lol

Paul I’m not sure where you are based but if you’re doing AFF in the UK, it may be worth doing it at what will be your home DZ rather than travelling further afield. It gives you chance to get the feel of the place, your instructors to get to know you and make some new jump buddies during the process.

its a shame i'm at cark (brilliant dz by the wayB|) you sound just as daft as me but i'll no doubt see you at some point.
your right,one step at a time ,ive been doing my aff since last august and with the crappy weather i only got to level 6 so it can be a slow process as well.
blue skys on your aff .