You know why people freefly?
Because they can't bellyfly.

You know why people bellyfly?
Because they can't freefly.

:D:D:D

WTH, everyone!
Do it all!
Get good at ALL of it!
The more you can do, the more opportunities for safe fun.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I guess its a skiers vs snowboarders rival.

Unfortunately, so many people have adopted this divisive US vs THEM attitude.
[:/]

Hey. Some of my best friends are freefliers. I even had one over for dinner a while back. Nice people really.
Remster

WTH, everyone!
Do it all!
Get good at ALL of it!
The more you can do, the more opportunities for safe fun.

Andy, you're a C/E, right?
Have you noticed that the people struggling with the coach dock at the top of all eval jumps, are people that are very capable FF?
There are some terrific freeflyers out there that struggle with taking a belly dock and maintaining a stable position.
Belly skills are much more important than some seem to think.

"Learn to love your belly before you begin exploring your butt."

Some of the movements you do (e.g. just moving forwards) are different with a rig on. E.g. arching the top of your back in sit to get more lift in the tunnel's not as effective with a rig on either. It's worth trying maybe with just another flyer doing some drills just to get the feel of freeflying with the rig before you rock everyone with your skills.

Personally I find freeflying in the sky easier than the tunnel but there is a difference.

Good to see some dedication :)
Ad.

Have you noticed that the people struggling with the coach dock at the top of all eval jumps, are people that are very capable FF?
There are some terrific freeflyers out there that struggle with taking a belly dock and maintaining a stable position.

It's a lot more common than most people think. I don't want to come across as bad-mouthing FFs but the truth is, most are not as good on their belly as they think they are and that's understandable given the practice put in FF vs belly fly.

Belly skills are much more important than some seem to think.

Thank you, We keep telling people every day. Some take it to heart, others, Meh.

The biggest time I have seen an issue with FF's doing belly jumps is when they're on a jump because it's someones 1000th or other big jump. Lots of these types of jumps can draw a large crowd of people wanting to be on it don't normally participate in big belly ways for instance.

One of the times I was on a "special #" jump, there were 16 of us. 15 of us made it into the formation and the last guy wasn't around until 500 feet before break off. He flew under and funneled half of us just before break off. It was a messy break off and track!!

This was not a slow falling group and basic RW skills would have made it possible for anyone who has practiced belly to dock on.

If you can't do either -> There's always wingsuiting

hmmmmm...now ya' got me thinking......hmmmmm
:D

Welcome back!

Basically, how do I not be THAT guy

You probably don't have the sight picture for diving to and approaching a formation. Your tracking may suck. Your awareness of what's going on around you (Jane is right behind me, Bob looks like he's struggling with fallrate) is unlikely to be super-sharp. All of these can make you that guy in freefall.

Once you pitch, remember that you haven't flown a canopy in months, and that people you can out-fly in freefall are likely to be much better at flying and landing a parachute than you. Work on the awareness - count the members of your group once your canopy is open. Look at who's around me, who is going to land before me, who is going to land after. Fly a sane pattern. Flare.

Don't forget to buy your beer B|.