tyro

Any United Nations Skydivers?

where in the U.N. are you ?
the only people I know from international organisations in Geneva who jump were more like security guards and such. I used to work inside WHO and TGF, organising travel for all these people.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Given that the U.N. has, what, 15,000 employees worldwide, I'm not surprised that you can't find someone else in your office building who jumps regularly.

I work at a company that employs 110,000 people worldwide. As far as I can tell, there's one other licensed skydiver who works for my company, and she's on the other side of the country.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Given that the U.N. has, what, 15,000 employees worldwide, I'm not surprised that you can't find someone else in your office building who jumps regularly.

I work at a company that employs 110,000 people worldwide. As far as I can tell, there's one other licensed skydiver who works for my company, and she's on the other side of the country.

Oddly enough, the Secretariat division of the UN employs over 43,000 people world wide. In 2008, there were over 58,000 people directly employed, and that doesn't include associated agencies.

Hi Skygranny,
Totally counts :)

I was looking for other UN (and affiliated) people in NYC and figured because there's over 10k of us on the NYC campus there would be others, but definitely hit me up next time you find yourself in NYC.

Oddly enough, the Secretariat division of the UN employs over 43,000 people world wide.

Holy cow! Better tell Human Resources that! ;)https://jobs.un.org/elearn/production/home.html

(Or maybe I'm not following something here...)

Uh... yeah... or learn how to count or something! http://www.un.org/en/mainbodies/secretariat/

Weird that their own websites show such drastically different figures.