girthy

Glad i left Eloy when team qatar showed up....

Team Qatar, some of you guys are real pricks

dragging your feet to hold the plane

pretending not to see the lights so your spot is right over the dz, pushing the rest of us long (even the pilot said, watch these guys, i dont trust them)

s turns on final, and continuing to s turn even after being told not to. laughing at the "no s turns" sign

totally disregarding landing patterns.

giving the office staff crap for wanting to check rigs

walking across the landing area and not looking over and over. I watched 8 of you guys walk across and cut a swooper off. that poor bastard was screaming and you clowns were too busy flapping your jaws. after he landed, you jerks laughed. what is wrong with you? you were all standing still when he started his 180, and the minute he started, you clowns started walking. You guys were in the wrong! furthermore, you are lucky he was very skilled, you gave him a 5 foot isle and he did it.

felt bad for people who showed up monday when they did

Other then team Qatar, Eloy dz and staff rocks!

Is this military jumpers from Qatar?

I visited Deland a few years back when they were doing a training for a bunch of military officers from there. I only visited for a short while, but I don't recall any problems.

I guess Eloy has the contract now.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

was in perris when they were there, much the same experience. one of their instructors even landed opposite of the the pattern on the grass with not much punishment levied from the DZ staff, if memory serves he was banished from jumping the rest of the day, maybe 1 or 2 loads went up following this incident. out of pure self defense i tried to stay off loads that they were on or settled for hop-n-pops and landed in the north field.

what added insult to the whole debacle was that the bomb shelter gladly removed pork from their menu the duration of their visit. what a crock of crap.

would be interested if eloy did the same.......

Boycott their ass.

If they want to act like a A-holes, payback is a bitch:)
When their team is the only group that manifests for their loads they might have to wait a while if eloy wants their plane to T.O. with a full load.:ph34r:

It's your money and you don'thave to put up with their crap:)

If they haven't been Burked yet or ignored him:SThen there's no stopping them. Unless there's a full DZ wide boycott.

Enjoy

Next time you see them acting like assholes, get everybody else together, have them take their shoes off, then attack the Qataris with the shoes and run them off. It's their ultimate insult. :P

I got nothing else... :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They were here in Z-hill a few months ago. Takes them around 16 seconds to get a 4 way out once the green light goes on. They bring multiple rigs each so they are hoping onto just about every single load. It was land, rip off rig, throw on another, and hold up plane while they throw on their leg straps.

I didn't notice them being ass-holes at all. I never even saw them speaking. They were dirt-diving constintally. I couldn't even get one to check my pin before a hop-n-pop because they were all in dreamland. Luckily their camera flyer was there to check me.

Like Josh above...never had a real problem with them at ZHills (seen them two different occasions over the last year or so). Granted, a "now" call was sort of a...drag your feet and we will get to the plane when we get there call. But that is a minor annoyance.

They kept the Otters turning all day, every day - even during the crap slow months. Was pretty good $ for the packers too - so good for them.

A large percentage of the time they were getting out at competition altitude so no worries about jump run (or landings).

it sucks when people have a bad attititude and spoil your fun.

If it is a national team, send a polite profanity free email to their embassy or sports ministry. Nobody wants their country portrayed badly.

My only other comment is, only YOU are resposible for your spot. If they have screwed it, a go around or stay in if you aren't happy.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Boycott their ass.

When their team is the only group that manifests for their loads they might have to wait a while if eloy wants their plane to T.O. with a full load.:ph34r:

If they haven't been Burked yet or ignored him:SThen there's no stopping them. Unless there's a full DZ wide boycott.

Enjoy

Then all the boycotting skydivers will be accused of being racists.

only YOU are resposible for your spot. If they have screwed it, a go around or stay in if you aren't happy.

Some pilots/drop zones won't give you a go around due to the wasted money and time. You either get out where you are, or ride the plane down and waste your jump ticket. That's an unacceptable choice.

The DZO needs to have a serious talk with them about cooperating for everyone's good.

I've been to a few DZ's in the US only seen one DZ give a go around . The other DZ's have customers waiting and need to be as efficent as possible to keep the costs down for everyone.:ph34r:

At one boogie in a north western state we were told once we manifested for a load ,and the winds picked up to bad so sad no refunds allowed.;)

On A happy note they were nice enough to tell us before we manifested. We thought about it for less than 1 second before making our decision..

With the number of jumps the folks from Qatar, were pumping out and the $$$$ spent on tunnel time. I don't think the DZO gives a rats ass about some whining fun jumpers. The DZO knew what was going on.

A friend and I boycoted a couple of loads once at a certain DZ. On one load the DZO kept the plane on the ground for a good hr:S.

Manifest kept on repeating over the PA we need two more jumpers to fill before it can T.O.[:/]

R.

One Jump Wonder

Boycott their ass.

Enjoy

Then all the boycotting skydivers will be accused of being racists.

So what?

pretending not to see the lights so your spot is right over the dz, pushing the rest of us long (even the pilot said, watch these guys, i dont trust them)

When I have that problem, I tell the pilot to flip the lights on early. B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

When I have that problem, I tell the pilot to flip the lights on early. B|

B|B|B|B|B|:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
One Jump Wonder

only YOU are resposible for your spot. If they have screwed it, a go around or stay in if you aren't happy.

Some pilots/drop zones won't give you a go around due to the wasted money and time. You either get out where you are, or ride the plane down and waste your jump ticket. That's an unacceptable choice.

The DZO needs to have a serious talk with them about cooperating for everyone's good.

My point still stands. You can choose to ride the plane down. Nobody forces you to have a long spot.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

My point still stands. You can choose to ride the plane down. Nobody forces you to have a long spot.

And if you get a long spot, pull a little higher and learn to fly a canopy to maximise your glide.

Besides, at Eloy don't 4-way teams get out on a separate pass at 10,500?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA