evan85

San Diego DZs

So I'm thinking about a trip down to San Diego in the near future. I'd be there for about a week, and would want to jump as much as possible. I'm a little under 100 jumps and still belly flying. Which San Diego-area DZ would you recommend?

Either Tsunami Skydiving in Oceanside (Rich Grimm) or Skydive San Diego (Buzz Fink) would be good choices. SSD is bigger. Last time I was there they were running an Otter on weekends. Oceanside has a PAC. Both have great views; Oceanside looks out over the Pacific and SSD has Otay Lake at the end of the runway.

Where will you be in San Diego? From most places in San Diego Perris and Elsinore are about 60-80 minutes away, and they're both great DZ's as well.

Tsunami is "B" license not sure when they changed the restriction from C but the website now also states B. Great locale and friendly people...

SDSD is my old home DZ and all around great place. Though I haven't jumped there since Andy Whitcomb ( I think that was his last name) was the DZ manager.

"If" you can spare the time Elsinore is definitely worth the drive north and and Perris ranks right up there too.

I know you specified SD but there is a ton of great jumping to be had in the area.

All four DZ's are so close I would check them all out if you have the time and or transport.
"I once met three guys named pain, suffering and sacrafice. Now were inseperable, were best friends."

-Lance Armstrong