fade1800

FAA Regulations on Recording Your Own Video

There's no way I could have known since I can't see my handle.

Of course not. That would make for crap video, and totally wreck the entire affect of having the video in the 1st place - - - all that head craning around inside the airplane to actually even BOTHER to check! - :S

You were sitting, what we call "student". You are *WRONG* - it is in fact VERY EASY to turn your head from that position and VERY CLEARLY SEE (and feel - not just "double-tap" once you've gotten up) whether your handle is clear or not!

The headset cable must have been underneathe it.

Yeah, that must be it. ...It couldn't possibly be anything else, right? - - - *WRONG again!

Freeze-framing your video at @ 15.5sec, then stepping frame-by-frame in FACT actually shows the pilots headset cord to the LEFT - exactly as you are trying to assert it is not. Now how long it is, and if it could have POSSIBLY been snaked over his lap, then down onto your handle, then further either wrapped around it or snagged it to the point that it then actually pulled your handle, then - without also pulling the pilot's headset (maybe even off) too - as that is where it would need to be "anchored", is actually rather, and especially without him knowing it, to himself have been able to just simply tell you that when he landed (there would be no reason for him not - even if to only just simply inform you ...no "liability" or cross-blaming needed) - seems highly unlikely.

Now, do you want to LEARN anything from this - or would you rather insist on trying to assign "negligence" and deflect blame?

How you now answer this last question of mine will dictate as to whether or not I either spend (or waste) any more of my time on this with you here, or if it is even worth ANY of our bothers with you, to perhaps even try.

Your call.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

>Short story is that the DZ owner tried to bullshit me today with the FAA required 200
>jump rule because of my POV video goggles

Good! Glad to see that some DZO's place the safety of their jumpers over turning a quick profit.

>and because I'm not yet trusted.

Learn to skydive safely and, in time, you'll be trusted.

>and because I'm not yet trusted.

Learn to skydive safely and, in time, you'll be trusted.

Until your attitude improves, no one in this sport is ever going to trust you. It doesn't matter how holy hot shit good you get. Experienced jumpers will see you comming from 12,500 feet away. Don't take it from me, I'm still new to this sport. Listen to the guys above with far more experience than I. :P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

interesting reading for those that believe cameras are not a distraction

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3894693#3894693

I think we should add you to this list - too busy making sure camera was on to notice the danger you were in

Horse shit. Two button presses I did ON THE GROUND. Quit being stupid.

And yet you didn't notice the danger.... calling me stupid LOL... all you had to do is be aware of your surroundings.. yup I am the stupid one :)

Perhaps you should read the thread I posted... lots of people, low numbers, small cameras... what could go wrong?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Please cite a link to this recommendation. Thank you in advance.

What?????
If you have to ask that,you are no skydiver. You had negligent and shitty instruction and/or you didn't listen and learn.

Go back and get your money back for the FJC and use it to buy a SIM. Oh, you don't know what that is? Point made.
>:(

GUYS:
THIS is why you should ALL be screaming for training consistency and get away from the "Fuck standard training, I know what's best"
BULLSHIT..
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Please cite a link to this recommendation. Thank you in advance.

If you're a recently licensed jumper then you SHOULD already have a copy of the BSRs.

It's not a BSR. Go buy a SIM.

Contents:
A. Introduction
B. Background
C. Purpose
D. Equipment
E. Procedures
F. Considerations for filming students

Now why the hell did you do that. You just fed his "somebody else will do it for me" mindset.

Blah blah blah. I knew the spammers and trolls would engage at some point. I just like to know the rules, and while the DZO is free to bullshit me and enforce any arbitrary recomendations he likes, I'm free to take my cash to another DZ. The sword cuts both ways ya'll. Let's quit bullshitting people and propogate knowledge ... And with it .... Trust.

In addition to all the other important points about distraction, another thing to keep in mind is that the USPA provides liability insurance coverage in case you are to land off and cause property damage or injure someone on the ground. This is either provided by your own USPA membership, or the group membership of the DZ (assuming they are a group member) for students. A condition of this insurance is that you are following the USPA BSR's on your jump. If you ignore a BSR, you are not covered.

Blah blah blah. I knew the spammers and trolls would engage at some point. Let's quit bullshitting people and propogate knowledge ... And with it .... Trust.

Dude, you've just blown it, big time.
No learn, no listen, no knowledge, no respect, nothing but air between the ears.

You have no trust from me. Zero. Zilch.

Propagate knowledge?
You are full of runny black shit to think we are going to spoon feed you.

Go bowling and get out of my hair.

WTF are you talking about? This premature deployment happened because the pilot's headset cable got drapped over my ripcord. They were going to let ME have to live with the belief that I could have killed everyone in that C182 for something I could have never known ... I double tapped my handle in the door.

You just don't get it and probably never will. It was the plane's fault, the cable's fault, the DZO's fault, the gear's fault....you are one sad puppy.
:S:S

I stand by my comment:.
GO BOWLING BEFORE YOU HURT SOMEBODY ELSE.

Ahhhhh... I get it... YOU be da' TROLL.
[PA removed by slotperfect]