fade1800

FAA Regulations on Recording Your Own Video

Blah blah blah. I knew the spammers and trolls would engage at some point. I just like to know the rules, and while the DZO is free to bullshit me and enforce any arbitrary recomendations he likes, I'm free to take my cash to another DZ. The sword cuts both ways ya'll. Let's quit bullshitting people and propogate knowledge ... And with it .... Trust.

People who constantly flaunt their superior skillz and go against the USPA recommendations (which is the lobbying body that keeps the FAA out of our sport) are the primary reason the FAA just may get involved in our sport. None of us want that.

Act like a three year old in the backseat of the car often enough, and soon what Mommy says won't be enough....and Daddy will be involved. Nobody wants Daddy to get involved.

Okay - So, it's a USPA recommendation, that has been (apparently) adopted by this DZO as a rule (at his DZ), and not an FAR. So then, what is now your intent - with this information? - - Go back & "slap the DZO in the face" with it, and insist you should be allowed to do whatever you want? As if it is not an FAR - you then therefore - must have now an entitlement to it, perhaps?

Let us know how that goes for you.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Cramped plane. Easy do snag the deployment hacky on something. After your last handles check(right before hoping out) make sure to not bump your rig into ANYTHING

The camera's involvement? Could have been distracted getting the camera ready and had forgotten to do a handles check.

That video "explains" nothing.

Either explain how that premie was someone else's fault or go away.

Mind you, your audience here know how & why most premature deployments happen.

WTF are you talking about? This premature deployment happened because the pilot's headset cable got drapped over my ripcord. They were going to let ME have to live with the belief that I could have killed everyone in that C182 for something I could have never known ... I double tapped my handle in the door.

Cramped plane. Easy do snag the deployment hacky on something. After your last handles check(right before hoping out) make sure to not bump your rig into ANYTHING

The camera's involvement? Could have been distracted getting the camera ready and had forgotten to do a handles check.

Yes, I concur. I doubletapped my handle in the door. They lied to me on the ground! "we have no clue why your chute came out!" I even got a discount on the jump when I expected an ass chewing for not protecting my handle.

...and while the DZO is free to bullshit me and enforce any arbitrary recomendations he likes, I'm free to take my cash to another DZ.

True enough. And fair enough (although the USPA SIM section as cited - is certainly not "arbitrary" - :S).

So then, why don't you just call around to various DZ's and find one that (arbitrarily - see how that word more correctly/appropriately applies?) chooses which USPA recommendations they would like to adopt, versus which ones they don't - that matches your philosophies of what you happen to want to, or think you should (or not) be bound by? I'm sure even this DZO would absolutely agree with you on that much. ...Go for it.

Two weeks ago I could have died due to their negligence.

And your video goggles you say captured this? Okay, I'll bite. Please expand upon this.

Our student rigs have a left side release handle that just dumps the BOC and allows for the pilot chute to just plop out encase the instructor can't reach the right side...I don't think I've ever even seen a spring loaded pilot-chute for a main

Trust me bud. It's a Dolphin rig with 288 main with spring loaded pilot for the main and a ripcord on THE RIGHTHAND SIDE.

Dude

How are you today:)

My DZO is the best. I told him I wouldn't wear my video goggles anymore. I just wanted to know the truth. Since they won't tell me. Two weeks ago I could have died due to their negligence. And its a matter of video goggle history. Did I get a lawyer?

Do whatever floats your boat, but read the above quote. Your not making any sense.

Gravity is a bitch and the planet earth will kick your butt if you hit it to hard.Just because you say you got the video that shows this or that. That doesn't mean
your your interpretation is correct.

Fwiw based on your name calling and attitude a moderator can ban you from this site. But thats not me.

Btw I.m not going to waste my time looking at your video.

Have a nice day:)
R.

The camera exonerated me and shows there's not shit I could have done.

You mean other than making sure your handles were CLEAR, and not snagged on ANYTHING (pilots headset cable or anything else) before exiting?

Of course we see you did make sure though your camera I see, was on and "all set".

I double tapped my handle in the door.

Oh yeah, that takes care of it completely, right? Clearly, you have nothing to learn here then, do you? - :S[:/]

The camera exonerated me and shows there's not shit I could have done.

You mean other than making sure your handles were CLEAR, and not snagged on ANYTHING (pilots headset cable or anything else) before exiting?

Of course we see you did make sure though your camera I see, was on and "all set".

I double tapped my handle in the door.

Oh yeah, that takes care of it completely, right? Clearly, you have nothing to learn here then, do you? - :S[:/]

There's no way I could have known since I can't see my handle. The headset cable must have been underneathe it. My jumpmaster though, should have caught it. Since I'm not licensed and all, and that he was right there.

interesting reading for those that believe cameras are not a distraction

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3894693#3894693

I think we should add you to this list - too busy making sure camera was on to notice the danger you were in
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Man...you are digging yourself a very deep hole. It's one think to come on here asking for info, but you came guns blazing and are being a total [PA removed by slotperfect]. You have no experience and you're trying to get ammunition against your DZO? Really? The guy who "allows" you to jump from his planes? If I was the DZO...you have done more than enough to get banned from my DZ.

Comments like this:

This proves you are "THAT GUY". You are the type that will try to sue the ass off any DZ for something being their fault even if it wasn't. You're the type that'll run to your mommy because the DZ broke your ankle.

Let me give you some advice, 28 year old Eric "The Big Kahuna" Roberts from Charleston, SC
Reference: http://www.meetup.com/Lowcountry-Xtreme-Adrenaline-Junkies/members/5225010/

How's your work going at AAI Corporation? BTW, what is the full name of your job title (EIT)? Electrical Integration Technician or something?
Reference: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-roberts-eit-pmp/54/430/499

Oh, and you don't happen to live on Club Course Drive and have a phone number that starts with (843) 760-****, do you?

Doesn't all of this make the internet just a bit more REAL?

Anyways, back to my point.

There are a lot of people on this forum. I GUARANTEE some of them know you. If I cared so much, I'd quickly be making sure to inform all the DZ's in your near vicinity that you're being a complete douche and are a liability to the dropzone. How would you feel when all the DZ's in the area decided to ban you because you were too much of a liability for them? Who are you going to cry to then? And trust me...they don't give a flying fuck to lose money from one person, if it saves the future of their DZ.

Sit back and think about that for a second. How are you ever going to fit in with your "Xtreme" buddies if you're banned from all the DZ's.

Don't think for a second that people don't care enough to do exactly what I said above. I'd be surprised if they hadn't already.

Here's to hoping you chill out and learn to listen to the advice being given to you. You seriously need to sit back and cool off.

Good luck! Seriously.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Thats terrible!!!.

Care to elaborate?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KcjJroPbPU&feature=share

From commentary:

Published on Jan 27, 2013

This is the clip of my premature parachute deployment at 10,500 ft as seen by my POV goggle camera. I'm in the process of climbing out onto the strut of the Cessna airplane for a poised exit when my spring-loaded pilot chute deploys. In glancing back over at the airplane door you can see the orange handle of my ripcord being dragged back towards the control console area of the plane by what appears to be the pilot's radio headset cord. There was a new under-instruction pilot Griding along in the area behind the pilot's seat, and the U/I had a radio headset on too. I'm pretty sure the umbilical between their two headsets got snagged on my ripcord handle and yanked it out causing this premature eject-ulation :) Sorry about the salt language in the video :(

Hackey check at exit, young padawan. 182s have a lot of snag points.

Watch the video Yoda. It's not a hackey. It's a plastic ripcord handle. No way Id have known.

Little needy star wars skydivers trying to school an electrical engineer engineer lard.