peter.xu

First Chinese Wingsuit Flyer?

He claim his is the first Chinese Wingsuit Flyer .

I don`t know his name but I hear him in the Chinese Skydive Community and 1 mouth ago he went to Spain for the AFF course and mouth later he is try flying with Wingsuit .So far see the Design of the must be his own Wingsuit (I don`t think Spanish DZ will have a China flag logo on them Suit ) and from picture he is using a student Rig .

What do you think ?
I want a Bridman GTi...... Soo bad...

He claim his is the first Chinese Wingsuit Flyer .

I don`t know his name but I hear him in the Chinese Skydive Community and 1 mouth ago he went to Spain for the AFF course and mouth later he is try flying with Wingsuit .So far see the Design of the must be his own Wingsuit (I don`t think Spanish DZ will have a China flag logo on them Suit ) and from picture he is using a student Rig .

What do you think ?

I'm not sure why it matters, but there have been at least four Chinese skydivers come through our school as far back as 3 years ago. We have a small group of Chinese that come here regularly. One of them came with his own Intro wingsuit before the IBird came out, so it's been quite a while back.
In Spain, they have different rules; even though they are a USPA Group Member, they teach people to wingsuit at 100 jumps, so if he did his AFF in Spain, he easily could have hit 100 jumps within a months time if he has the money and good weather at his back.

Some places in mexico will teach you it at 50-60 jumps

Funny you should mention that...I ran into one of those 60 jump wonders here; he wasn't happy that he couldn't fly a WS here, even though he has nearly 100 WS jumps.

Really? If he learned in Mexico at 60 jumps, then had 100 WS jumps after that, you won't let him fly WS at Elsinore?

Not to derail this awesome thread...but this seems like a "letter of the law" vs. "spirit of the law" debate.

I get that the "letter of the law" suggests 200 freefall jumps before wingsuiting...but the "spirit" of that law is to ensure that the jumper is qualified to fly WS.

That being said, wouldn't a jumper with 100 WS skydives (and 160 jumps total) be MORE qualified than one of your FFC students with only 200 freefall jumps?

Would you have let him jump WS if he did a coach jump with you so you could check him out?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious. :)

Apex BASE

The BSR for USPA Group members is quite clear:

2.1.J.6. Any person performing a wingsuit jump must have at least 200 skydives, and hold a current USPA license.[E]

That requirement is waiverable only by the Executive Committee of the USPA Board.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Really? If he learned in Mexico at 60 jumps, then had 100 WS jumps after that, you won't let him fly WS at Elsinore?

Not to derail this awesome thread...but this seems like a "letter of the law" vs. "spirit of the law" debate.

I get that the "letter of the law" suggests 200 freefall jumps before wingsuiting...but the "spirit" of that law is to ensure that the jumper is qualified to fly WS.

That being said, wouldn't a jumper with 100 WS skydives (and 160 jumps total) be MORE qualified than one of your FFC students with only 200 freefall jumps?

Would you have let him jump WS if he did a coach jump with you so you could check him out?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious. :)

The "letter" of the law is specific for USPA dropzones, and for any USPA rating holder on or off a USPA dropzone.
No wingsuit before 200 jumps. Doesn't say that you get into a wingsuit at 25 jumps, show up at a USPA DZ with 160 WS jumps, and jump. It means 200 jumps, minimum.

The "spirit" of the law is to protect people from themselves, and for instructors, S&TAs, and DZOs to protect themselves as well as protecting others.

I'd be happy to make 40 coach jumps with him/her, in a tracking configuration. :D We'd celebrate their 201st jump in a wingsuit jump.
FWIW, merely having an FFC doesn't cut it for many DZs that have active WS programs; we want to see that one was given a proper FFC. There is a lot more to WS than merely getting out of a plane without hitting the tail.

I'm chinese

I've been jumping for 5 yrs now and flew my forst wingsuit 3 years ago...

so what does that make me?

I'd guess that makes you a Chinese person who has been flying WS for at least 3 years longer than the OP? :P