Rachel22

Great Progress

Hey there, I wanted to post some great news! I had posted a few weeks ago about some weight issues I was having and I went to the tunnel and got some great coaching! I went out for my 16th jump and actually got a coach jump in! I did my 3 docks without floating up because I finally relaxed my arms! I was very rigid before but now feel great. I also used to be very wide in the sky with my legs, but after the tunnel coaching I am able to arch better with better leg positioning. Now onto some weights, Im not opposed just need to know how and when to get them. Also looking for a rig and canopy for a tiny person (5'2" and 105) is very challenging but hopefully one will come up soon! Just wanted to share some good feelings!

Also looking for a rig and canopy for a tiny person (5'2" and 105) is very challenging but hopefully one will come up soon!

This can be tough. There aren't many rigs around with a harness that small which will hold the bigger canopies you're going to need to start with.

What you should do is look around for a rig that will hold a 150-ish main and reserve, and that has a medium or smaller harness, and then contact the manufacturer about a harness resize. It will add $200 to $400 to the cost of a rig, but the overall price will still be far less than the cost of a new rig. The resized harness will fit you perfectly.

Do not buy a rig that is 'close enough' in harness fit. Too big is too big, and you should not spend any additional time in a oversized harness than you need to. Beyond your student jumps where you're jumping a student rig, get your own stuff and make sure it fits right.

There are some drawbacks to being smaller (or larger) than average, and the gear issue is one of them.