kawisixer01

IFLY Chicago tunnel?!?!?!

HOPEFUL but extremely doubtful because:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/iflychicago.us

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/iflychicago.com

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/skyventurechicago.com

these all appear to be taken by prospectors (people who want to sell the domain to the organization).

Above all, please believe, I would like one in suburban Chicago
to support SDC, CSC, SkyKnights, Archway, Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Indianapolis and St Louis,
where weather is frequently questionable and hotels are reasonable and abundant.

It is too bad Illinois is corrupt and bankrupt. I live here.
Anyone can swim, only a few swim well.
Anyone can skydive, everyone can skydive well. Practice!

The link I posted goes to a site that at first glance appears to a legit IFLY web site. I would think a suburb location would be best, but would also be rather expensive when talking about real estate costs. North of Schaumburg or similar I would like the most, but I have heard Gurnee mentioned in the past. I live up in WI so anywhere within 2 hours or less would make me very very happy. Anything within a decent driving distance is better than having to fly to a tunnel. I cannot imagine that they would have a difficult time finding customers. When you consider the base of skydivers living in the area. Heck within two hours of my home I have multiple busy and successful turbine drop zones and another handful of cessna drop zones. You can't tell me the customer base isn't there to support a tunnel. [:/]

The link I posted goes to a site that at first glance appears to a legit IFLY web site. I would think a suburb location would be best, but would also be rather expensive when talking about real estate costs. North of Schaumburg or similar I would like the most, but I have heard Gurnee mentioned in the past.[:/]

Real estate is much cheaper south of the city, and I-80, I-55 and I-57 serve IN, IA, MI as well as Chicago metro area. Gurnee just suits the cheeseheads.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The link I posted goes to a site that at first glance appears to a legit IFLY web site. I would think a suburb location would be best, but would also be rather expensive when talking about real estate costs. North of Schaumburg or similar I would like the most, but I have heard Gurnee mentioned in the past.[:/]

Real estate is much cheaper south of the city, and I-80, I-55 and I-57 serve IN, IA, MI as well as Chicago metro area. Gurnee just suits the cheeseheads.

I'll take what I can get, though I really am hoping for something not much more than a 3 hour drive from milwaukee. I think you can locate something in a reasonable place in Illinois and meet that. Whatever though I guess, anything that doesn't involve a crazy plane ticket would be nice.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

]/reply]

Wisconsin Dells makes sense. Big tourist trade year round (indoor water parks), and about equidistant from Chicagoland and Twin Cities markets (plus WI metros and DZs). Dells real estate isn't cheap, but not out of reach, either.

B9

Gurnee just suits the cheeseheads.

And all the poeple that visit Six Flags, and the Waterpark, and Gurnee Mills...
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

The same could be said for Sandusky Ohio. Further away from Chicago but would also pull in more from OH/PA/NY/Canada.

Hey, how about a Chicago tunnel in Philly? It could pull in people from all over the east coast. Or one in Brussels could attract the west Europeans too.

Just think of the business you could attract putting the Chicago tunnel in Shanghai!

The same could be said for Sandusky Ohio. Further away from Chicago but would also pull in more from OH/PA/NY/Canada.

Hey, how about a Chicago tunnel in Philly? It could pull in people from all over the east coast. Or one in Brussels could attract the west Europeans too.

Just think of the business you could attract putting the Chicago tunnel in Shanghai!

Really.

heh, for the love of god, someone needs to build a tunnel in this area. There are like a bajillion people in the chicago market. We have 5 turbine DZs (including one of the largest in the country) which pull the Northern IL / Southern Wisconsin market and a handful of cessna dropzones on top of it.

The market is here, I am actually shocked it has taken this long.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

The market is here, I am actually shocked it has taken this long.

South Seattle has a 14' tunnel. Business is so good they're planning a second 14' tunnel on the North end of town. I kid you not. B|

Crazy, I read this news yesterday as well about the chicago market - hoping it works out and I hope it's 14' round.
~D

I would hope they plan for two of them,,its crazy around here with socermoms and tourists,,it'll be swamped and regular jumpers will be waiting,,,[:/]

The CFO for iFlySeattle is a good friend of mine. He said that the majority of their business is from non jumpers that live in a 15 mile radius. That's why they think the tunnel 40 miles North will steal little, if any, business from the South location. Wild, ain't it?

The location has been approved. Rosemont, IL. The GPS coordinates are 41.979249, -87.867896 if you want to look at the area on Google maps.

http://www.journal-topics.com/news/article_19530642-7baa-11e2-b4f7-0019bb30f31a.html

Very close to O'Hare. Smart choice.