Elian

AFF advice

Hi

2 months ago , ive completed my cat D2 in 6 jumps
all jumps were perfect , no fear even on the exit
BUT ......
on D2 i had hard time to find the pilot chut around 6-7 seconds
i find the chut on second time after setting my hand to neutral position and then make 2nd try
i though that i am gona cutaway and open the reserve , that terrify me
on the same day i tried to make E1(level 6) jump where in the airplane i kind lose confident and start asking my self "WHAT IF" ive allowed fear to control me and i didnt jump
not jumping that day make feel so disappointed
after some weeks i decide to go back to DZ and do the E1 Jump
and this time on airplane i also allowed fear to control me and i didnt jump

any advice for such a situation
i cant stop thinking about Skydiving but i dont feel that i can make it
[img]http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1168000/1168169_aa52_625x1000.jpg[/img/

:)

The next time you are reaching for your hackey, put your hand on your thigh and slide it up towards your ass. Don't freak out.

Remember to drill the dive over and over again on the ground. Check you handles before you board, while you are on the way to altitude and before you exit ask someone to check them for you.

It helps me to close my eyes and go over the dive in my head while in the plane. Slow your breathing. Remember to have fun.
ZEUS Skydive Team....FSL Rookie Class

Practice builds confidence. Do practice touches on the ground till your arms hurt, and then do it some more. Maybe even with a dummy pilot chute that you are actually throwing out. A buddy to fetch it and put it back would be handy for that. My instructor did this for me, and it was very helpful for building muscle memory.

Look for Brian Germain's books / videos / blog posts on "Transcending Your Fear". Your experience is not uncommon. Visualize the dive, relax, breathe.

thanks all for the support .
even though am like
dude am gona jump from "Fu" airplane only 13000 ft lool
, the wind noise on the exit, the speed , even instructor ask u to do things ,tasks turns thats kinda stress me

jamjumps . what a hell man , , thats so fkin crazy , u did a gr8 job ,

Why's opening the reserve terrify you? It's just another parachute.

Do you check your hackey on the ground? And on the plane? I'm making sure that thing's still there every, like, 3 minutes. Do practice touches in the air too, if you're worried about it. Have a practice touch jump. Just don't lose track of altitude while doing practice touches!

We all wrestled with fear at your level, don't think you're the only one. Just study your mistake, learn from it, and don't make it again!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Elian,

This was my big problem :S

I had to add a line to "Arch Reach Pull..."

Mine became "Arch Reach Pull A$$hole "

I had the tendancy to put my hand in my back pocket, as instructed, but this didn't feel natural to me......

I also mentally shouted that to myself at wave off as its more "aggressive" than passive., so makes your reach more defined. Its also (without being crude) is a more accurate place to reach for at pull time.

FEAR - yes. Welcome to the biggest challenge in skydiving...not the jumping, not the canopy control but controlling fear.

I drove to a new DZ to do my first solo (after getting aff) and I simply couldn't jump. I had the DZ briefing... and then sat in my car...... for 2 days.... and went home in defeat.

Like you i was so mad - and disappointed with myself - and thought that was it....

I thought...well at least I can say I was a skydiver...had my skydive license...etc etc...but it simply didn't wash...

I decided to get some tunnel time and that felt good.

Three months after stopping I decided to go for it...I turned up at a French DZ (I'm English but was on holiday in France) ...showed them my log book..chatted to a few instructors and thought "F&ck it, lets do it"

I had worked out my nice dive exit.....going up in the plane I just wanted for it to be over.....I then realised that THE DOOR WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANE...so my planned exit was totally screwed up....

So I decided to just barrel roll and get the exit over and done with and believe in my training, the kit and mother nature...it all worked out :)

Blue Skies.

(Note - I am not an instructor and only have 49 jumps)

Thank you all
for support and inspiration :D
chin up loool

Besides all the hoo haww and hurraw. It might be the sport for you bro. Hate to say it but ive seen alot of people do what you re doing and get hurt. Not trying too be the downer. Just make sure you follow your gut and roll with it. Golf kicks ass too man.:)

My first thought when I was reading this was that every one of us had a sticking point that took us a little while to work through. Some of them were procedural, some of them were more mental. One of my first ones was mostly mental. I was scared to death on my first 8 or 10 jumps and would perform terribly. I'd get through it but I was not relaxed and I rushed things. I "got" a couple of concepts and things improved dramatically.

Keep skydiving. This is just a sticking point. You'll have others when you start learning advanced techniques but you'll have trained yourself to work through them.

Hi

2 months ago , ive completed my cat D2 in 6 jumps
all jumps were perfect , no fear even on the exit
BUT ......
on D2 i had hard time to find the pilot chut around 6-7 seconds
i find the chut on second time after setting my hand to neutral position and then make 2nd try
i though that i am gona cutaway and open the reserve , that terrify me
on the same day i tried to make E1(level 6) jump where in the airplane i kind lose confident and start asking my self "WHAT IF" ive allowed fear to control me and i didnt jump
not jumping that day make feel so disappointed
after some weeks i decide to go back to DZ and do the E1 Jump
and this time on airplane i also allowed fear to control me and i didnt jump

any advice for such a situation
i cant stop thinking about Skydiving but i dont feel that i can make it
[img]http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1168000/1168169_aa52_625x1000.jpg[/img/