john_mc_evoy

most active DZ in the US?

Depends on the time of the year. Fall/Winter/Spring Eloy or Perris/Elsinore.Summer time you can pretty much take your pick of any large DZ except Eloy as they hut down early as jumping in 120 degree temps suck big time.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Depends on the time of the year. Fall/Winter/Spring Eloy or Perris/Elsinore.Summer time you can pretty much take your pick of any large DZ except Eloy as they hut down early as jumping in 120 degree temps suck big time.

Some of the FL DZs might also rival the AZ/CA ones in the fall/winter/spring (and be just as empty in the summer... FL humidity... yuck!)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Where in the US is the busiest DZ?
Like if I go somewhere for a week where can I get the most jumps in ?

Sometimes those 2 things conflict with each other. If a DZ is very busy with tandems and students, it can be hard to get a slot unless you want to do a bunch of solos filling in the last slot on a load.

Solos are great and should be a part of your jump plan right now, but doing too many solos at your level may cause you to burn in some bad habits. You should be looking for people with 5-10x times your jump numbers or so and learning small way skills with people who can give you positive feedback and coaching.
Owned by Remi #?

If you go in the summer, Skydive Chicago is not a bad place to be. Sure it can have some hot days, but not the humidity like Florida or parts of Texas.

The Ranch north of NYC is a pretty busy summer DZ too, as is Skydive Cross Keys in NJ

Winter DZs include Skydive City in Z-Hills, Lake Wales, Deland and Sebastain, all in Florida, plus Skydive Houston in TX, Skydive Arizona, Perris and Elsinore.

All are multiple-aircraft DZs as far as I know.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If you go in the summer, Skydive Chicago is not a bad place to be. Sure it can have some hot days, but not the humidity like Florida or parts of Texas.

The Ranch north of NYC is a pretty busy summer DZ too, as is Skydive Cross Keys in NJ

Winter DZs include Skydive City in Z-Hills, Lake Wales, Deland and Sebastain, all in Florida, plus Skydive Houston in TX, Skydive Arizona, Perris and Elsinore.

Skydive Houston is no longer open.
Skydive Spaceland is and is a multiple plane dz that stays busy all year.
Also there is westside skydivers in the Houston area.

Skydive Houston is no longer open.
Skydive Spaceland is and is a multiple plane dz that stays busy all year.
Also there is westside skydivers in the Houston area.

Oops... Spaceland is what I actually meant. My bad. Thanks for the correction.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ha! That's funny. Zhills is my home dz but I go to Summerfest every year. I think their is humidity is waaaaayyyy worse!! Funny how people interpret weather differently.

Thanks everyone. I'm looking at May/June.
I have no intension of mainly doing solos as well, not sure where you got that. I just meant getting in jumps. Solos or multi ways

Reread the post. He said that busy DZs with lots of tandems and students might not have the slots for fun jumpers. He did not assume you wanted solos.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

Reread the post. He said that busy DZs with lots of tandems and students might not have the slots for fun jumpers. He did not assume you wanted solos.

Yup, I wasn't assuming the OP wanted to do solos, just pointing out that solos can sometimes be the only option for getting in lots of jumps at some very busy DZs, and that's not always optimal at sub-50 jump numbers.

Just an observation and an attempt at advice. The prickly response wasn't necessary :P
Owned by Remi #?

You have two questions in here, ...

The first, is hands down, Perris, has the largest numbers wise number of jumps annualy. Although the folks at Eloy, will be quick to point out their the largest...

Going somewhere for a week, although a wonderfull thing to be able to pick anywhere, can be another issue because of weather, money, popularity etc and at the same time expect a ceertian number of jumps is another question.

Late winter and Chigago may not be a good idea, Central florida and be willing to drive around a bit may be the best bet but the folks in CA and AZ do very well as well. The summer time and you might find central FLA empty...

May/June Unless you want to take a trip, by this point, at your level, you have a number of places all good, to choose from. In your curreent area. May /June in FL can really be all over the scale weather wize. CA AZ NM LA can be hot, but not as hot as in July/AUG. At the rate your progressing perhaps yo might want to just go to AZ and start hanging around Airspeed ! Seriously you might want to consider giving the folks at eloy a call directly.

All I really wanted to add was the fact that peerhaps expecting down time is a big part of jumping...and very understandibly it seems you are trying an end run in your questiion? :)
And why the F&*^ are you keeping this to yourself? Get on the banter and see if anyone else is also interested in a road trip?? Do you have your own gear? Ask, this time of year you might be able to "obtain" a loaner or demo, and thus saving some cash for the plane! I call this the Disneyland effect: You wish to ride in the front of the Monorail, well the only way to ride in the front of the monorail is to ask!! They don't advertise, but you will be totally surpized at the number of other things you can do there if you just ask, cause they arn't going to advertise or tell you! I suppose this is what your doing by this post, but I think you will be very surprized if you push this a little further as well. :)
I would head someplace sunny for 3 weeks and If I didn't like the vibe or just wanted a change then I would go somewhere else...

I might also suggest quality over quantity and that my friend is a very subjective thing. :)
Lodi would be a wonderfull choice! Your choices if money is a consideeration is that going south by air around 200+ from Bos, but San fransico or oakland, Sacramento air fares are going to be in the 400 and up range and a car, unless you find a ride, and I do reccomend using this forum to find a ride or share will then be a must and you have to add in another 400 for the car for a week in CA. Check the rental rates for gear, there are big differences in prices!

I wish I had your problems.:)
I'm envious that you can take a week off! That's awsome!! ;)

PM me for the rest, you can borrow my camping stuff, go to DeLand, you know some people there, and I can tell you how to take Delta and the city bus (you won't need a car!) and it will cost about 220 bucks round trip! From BOS. They have 4 dollar dinners at the local DZ, every manufacturer in the world is there, in case it rains for field trips, and Disney world is only a , well it's about an hour away, and there's a wind tunnel as well...if it really starts to rain...

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

ChrisD,

Really awesome thing you just said, for real man! That is great advice for any of us that want to jump.

On of my favorite experiences I have is a trip with six other skydivers (none of which I previously knew) to Skydive Superior for their Turbine Boogie. I met some of the greatest people and got to jump A LOT.

To the OP, if you ever want to check out the upper Mid-West, hit me up. I would gladly take a few days and road trip through Illinois and Wisconsin to make jumps.