Hovergirl

Jumping at Deland

I have to pick up a helicopter in Orlando, and am thinking about making a stop on the way back and making a couple of jumps at Deland.
What can anyone tell me about jumping there?
Thank you in advance,
Kandace
P.S. "B" license 119 jumps. 7 this year after a very long layoff.

Deland is open 7 days a week so you shouldn't have any problems getting some jumps in there. I think Flight-1 is having a canopy course there this coming weekend if you need to brush up on your canopy piloting skills.

I've only got 50 something jumps but I'll jump w/ you if you don't want to go solo. I got laid off of work recently so have a lot of free time on my hands. lol

DeLand is not my 'Home' DZ, but I do try to get down there once a month to jump. As long as your not a super shy or a timid person, you'll be fine. The girls in Manifest are awesome and will answer any questions. Even during weekdays you will see all skill levels from teams, to AFF. They have 2 landing areas so plenty of space even when the load is full. Hope this helps some! :)

Just let the staff know in Manifest that you are looking for someone to jump with, and they might be able to hook you up. There's a full service restaurant and bar, so plan on hanging out too!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4442069;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Some people wouldn't bother asking if they could jump it. :S

:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

:)
Youl'll know the exact Mirage because the reserve cover flap has a slight bend to it...:(

Send me the bill...

I will say: Hovergirl, you can't go wrong looking him up, he has a tenacity and persistance that will serve you well, plus he's a great guy that knows everyone and the DZ like the back of his hand!!!
:)C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

I'm at Deland, cannot jump it is really windy!
25mph or so:-(

I was gonna try this afternoon but I heard the wind will be worse. I'm hoping to get out there early tomorrow morning and atleast get my feet off the ground once before the wind starts up again!

Sad :( I did not get to jump while in Deland. On
Saturday it was very windy! Then we flew in on Sunday morning in the helicopter and the ceiling was 2500ft and the temp was 38
So I bought a t-shirt and headed back to Wisconsin.
On the upside I now have a jump credit at Deland (have to go back now);)! and I spent 8 minutes in the tunnel in Orlando.
The flight back in the heli was awesome and we made it in a day.
Met some really nice people and got to put faces to names.
Good trip.
Kandace

Sad :( I did not get to jump while in Deland. On
Saturday it was very windy! Then we flew in on Sunday morning in the helicopter and the ceiling was 2500ft and the temp was 38
So I bought a t-shirt and headed back to Wisconsin.
On the upside I now have a jump credit at Deland (have to go back now);)! and I spent 8 minutes in the tunnel in Orlando.
The flight back in the heli was awesome and we made it in a day.
Met some really nice people and got to put faces to names.
Good trip.
Kandace

You made it all the way from Deland to Wisconsin in one day, in a freaking helicopter??

How fast were you moving?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You made it all the way from Deland to Wisconsin in one day, in a freaking helicopter??

How fast were you moving?

Yes in one day! Average airspeed 110kts average groundspeed 98kts headwind all the way.
Kandace

Wow! Can I be your new BFF? :P:D Well, except for the WI part in the winter and FL in the summer. :$

eta: FL in the winter and WI in the summer works for me! :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9