piisfish

Mandatory AAD in the US ?

its 1000 jumps at sdsd.after 1000 jumps, you can have the option of not having one.thats what it was 2 years ago anyways

It's been a while since I was there...I don't carry a logbook so Buzz called my home DZ to see if I was current! :ph34r:

I had it on speed dial, just handed him my phone.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

its 1000 jumps at sdsd.after 1000 jumps, you can have the option of not having one.thats what it was 2 years ago anyways

It's been a while since I was there...I don't carry a logbook so Buzz called my home DZ to see if I was current! :ph34r:

I had it on speed dial, just handed him my phone.

and your home DZO's reply should have been....
"Twardo? Yeh, I know that guy. He was in our FJC last week. Not much of a student though, he's got a real attitude problem. You know the type. Is he still trying to jump that Katana 135. He doesn't really have 200 jumps you know? ;)

B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

We had a guy show up with all the right paperwork and membership and he showed up with his 2 buddies. I checked them in. The logbooks showed them to have from 150-200 jumps each. All 3 were Marine Recon. The paperwork checked out. They went up on a load I happened to be on. After the jump, one of my Instructors told me that after I left the plane, 2 of the marines grabbed the third in what appeared to be a harness hold position and they took a 3 way out just as if they were taking a student. After I learned this, I went back to his waiver and questioned them as to where they had completed their training. It was Jim Wallace Skydiving. I thought Great. Jim is a buddy of mine who runs one of the best schools in the country. I called Jim and learned that this marine had repeated level 5 six times. After I confronted all 3 marines, they finally fessed up. In addition to being grounded at SoCal DZ's, I banned them from my DZ. I also contacted the Sargent Major in charge who assured me it would be dealt with promptly and severely.

This put the DZ at risk and also put the livelihood of the staff at risk should something had gone wrong.

Anyway, since then we take verification seriously.

Buzz Fink
Skydive San Diego

Perhaps create a thread where people name the DZ's and the rules regarding the DZ's AAD policy

Ask people to please read so as to NOT be redundant!
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Doesn't the DZ listing in the back of Parachutist provide this information? ...I do not happen at this very moment have one right here available to put in front of me, but I at least thought that there, it did (state something like under each's address "AAD Required? Y/N").

I know the on-line USPA dz locater does not show this.
How about the DZ-locater on here?

Maybe not a list, per-se ...but at least the information can be looked up for any specific DZ you may be interested in anyway.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

:)
Thanks Scrumpot, USPA listings good but they don't list this...

Here they do list but by individual dz's, and it's not up to date.

Some dz's are getting a little militant regarding this issue and I 've noticed a visitors must have an aad, but the locals slide by...

My first concern is taking a trip, sans aad and when you arrive you get the bad news, >:( I guess the message is "call ahead" before taking a trip.

My second concern is that the USPA, read the latest issues, and this has been going on for a few years now...is the dreaded: "Closer supervision...and enforcment of exsisting rules...") Parachutist March 2013 pg. 59

It's coming folks, from the perspective of the dz owner there have been just too many incidents and lurking lawyers, like it or not, it's coming...

I wonder if the moderators can prepare a data base search by aad yes/no printout???

What I do know for sure, after speaking with a number of dz's is that they all are concerned about "written policies."

Best of luck, thanks...
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

You note that the listings here aren't up to date but yet you want the mods to do a database search? That list would only be as good as the data that's in here.

If you want the most accurate information, contact the DZ in advance.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You note that the listings here aren't up to date but yet you want the mods to do a database search? That list would only be as good as the data that's in here.

If you want the most accurate information, contact the DZ in advance.

That goes for any question regarding a DZ you plan on visiting. It's much better to find out the current and correct answer before you show up and find out you have the wrong answer because of old or faulty info.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

THE ORIGINAL POST ASKED THIS QUESTION:
"Is there a list of USPA DZ's where AAD's are mandatory ? "

No one answered it then either...

Hey guys I'm going to quote myself:

"My first concern is taking a trip, sans aad and when you arrive you get the bad news, I guess the message is "call ahead" before taking a trip."

Gee fucking wizz, I wish I thought of that...

YA AND I WOULD LIKE A FUCKIN LIST AS WELL>>>

Out of date or whatever...

How about some support instead of your bullshit comments????
:(

And yes I'm still in a pissy mood, I apologize for my rudeness... It's not personal,...

"My first concern is taking a trip, sans aad and when you arrive you get the bad news, I guess the message is "call ahead" before taking a trip."

YA AND I WOULD LIKE A FUCKIN LIST AS WELL>>>

And the answer is that the list is only as accurate as the latest info put into that list.

For example: If you were taking a commercial airline trip (and I suspect you will be to get to the DZ) would you assume the info about the flight (time/weather, etc) that was correct on the day you booked your flight still valid, or would you call the airline on the day of the flight?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

YA AND I WOULD LIKE A Frigin LIST AS WELL>>>

And the answer is that the list is only as accurate as the latest info put into that list.

For example: If you were taking a commercial airline trip (and I suspect you will be to get to the DZ) would you assume the info about the flight (time/weather, etc) that was correct on the day you booked your flight still valid, or would you call the airline on the day of the flight?

I get your point I really do...

but is there a list YES OR NO, and with a smile, I'm trying here, you can either answere yes or no or I don't know, O'H, I'm sorry I havent been painfully explicit, I would like a list even if it may not be accurate....

Is that too much too ask??
C

My dog died two days ago, I realize that emails and such sometimes leave a lot of emotion out of the message, I forget this, and for that I'm sorry...if I have offended anyone that is not my intention, a little sarcasim perhaps, perhaps a lot of sarcasm...anyways

stay safe...

[inline Akari2.jpg]

...is there a list YES OR NO

I am not aware of a specific list, or a list dedicated specific to AAD requirement, no.

I don't think I am necessarily the begin-all and end-all authority on that though. So even with that (and you will note, I did, at least try to answer this directly for you) - I could be also wrong.

...and with a smile

Okay, here you go - :)
... :P

Blues,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I don't think anyone is trying to be difficult, but such a list (if it exists) is not to be trusted.

I think perhaps it could be trusted to some degree. Would a DZO require AADs for a while and then change their mind and not require them? Does anyone know of a dropzone where this has happened?

Although the exact conditions of requirement (license, currency, etc.) might change, a list of the dropzones that have ever required an AAD might be useful. But I agree, not completely trusted.

At least people would know that they need to contact the dropzone to make sure if they have ever seen that dropzone on the list.

another thing to call ahead on or at least check out a website is.... some places now dick-tate what canopy you can jump there.... for example today I checked on attending a camp, and the online wing loading chart said I can't jump my 120 with current 300 jumps in a season and well over a 1000 jumps & more then 30 yrs exp. Exit weight of 200lbs. 1.6 wing loading.

DZ is also a cypres nazi dz.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

If you are going to drop that on us, drop the name of the DZ. I probably qualify as not being able to jump there because of my canopy.

another thing to call ahead on or at least check out a website is.... some places now dick-tate what canopy you can jump there.... for example today I checked on attending a camp, and the online wing loading chart said I can't jump my 120 with current 300 jumps in a season and well over a 1000 jumps & more then 30 yrs exp. Exit weight of 200lbs. 1.6 wing loading.

DZ is also a cypres nazi dz.

We had a guy show up with all the right paperwork and membership and he showed up with his 2 buddies. I checked them in. The logbooks showed them to have from 150-200 jumps each. All 3 were Marine Recon. The paperwork checked out. They went up on a load I happened to be on. After the jump, one of my Instructors told me that after I left the plane, 2 of the marines grabbed the third in what appeared to be a harness hold position and they took a 3 way out just as if they were taking a student. After I learned this, I went back to his waiver and questioned them as to where they had completed their training. It was Jim Wallace Skydiving. I thought Great. Jim is a buddy of mine who runs one of the best schools in the country. I called Jim and learned that this marine had repeated level 5 six times. After I confronted all 3 marines, they finally fessed up. In addition to being grounded at SoCal DZ's, I banned them from my DZ. I also contacted the Sargent Major in charge who assured me it would be dealt with promptly and severely.

This put the DZ at risk and also put the livelihood of the staff at risk should something had gone wrong.

Anyway, since then we take verification seriously.

Buzz Fink
Skydive San Diego

Should of just dealt with it there. Bringing in the Marines , ect. IMO was abit too much... They were on there own time. Kinda fucked if you ask me.