Buried

Integrity of USPA Records in Question!

Plus, I can't even find a wingsuit SCM among all the other disciplines' SCM's on the USPA site...

Yes, it seems to have disappeared :o

I do hope it's not being edited after the fact.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Plus, I can't even find a wingsuit SCM among all the other disciplines' SCM's on the USPA site...

See Chapter 12 of the SCM.

SCM wasn't available online earlier today, when I looked for it. Link gave an error.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So on wingsuit big ways they actually try to formate on the rear float who exits first??

The "initial target" doesn't have to be the first off the plane -- in RW, floaters exit before the base, and expect to see that target soon.

Isn't it a bummer when you don't have a precise definition. Then your interpretation can be as wrong as anyone else's.;)

One of the unfortunate side effects of pushing a judging process and record criteria through without a significant amount of peer review and discussion (not that we've talked about that before, or anything). ;) Le sigh.

**As a side note, the level of vitriol from wingsuiters in these forums lately - and the lack of agreement to disagree - is disappointing (to say the least).

It seems to me that the facts here speak for themselves, and the mud-slinging and character assassinations really just make those doing the mud-slinging look immature. Or unsympathetic. Even when I agree with them.

Folks, just because wingsuiters wear nylon dresses to the dropzone doesn't mean we should act the part of drama queens.

(Just sayin'.)

Signatures are the new black.

Isn't it a bummer when you don't have a precise definition. Then your interpretation can be as wrong as anyone else's.;)

Just to be sure this conversation stays on track;

Redefining the base is a significant stray from the spirit if not the definitions in the rules. Everyone knows who/what "base" is.

however....

Even if the taller man is used as "base," the grid still does not scale once the GoPro (which qualifies as "camera equipment") is removed from the measurement. Including a camera or longer tail is specifically against the defined rule, and removing the GoPro from the scale by correctly placing the tic/measurement marks, still causes the formation to be unsuccessful.

The Comp Committee has not yet acted on this issue in the last 6 mths and has chosen to handle the issue during the BOD committee agenda. I'm not quite sure why... The judge providing the signature for the record even retracted his signature based on his own findings.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?