extremeshannon

What is the best Cessna jump plane

"Best" is the one you're inside while on jump run. ;)

Ubiquitous is probably the C-182 in some form or another, but the question of "best" is really subjective. Best for what and for whom? Best will be considerably different for a very small DZ catering to a few local jumpers to a small tandem mill catering to tourists.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Thanks for the reply. I am looking at starting a DZ and I am not a pilot or a plane guy. So I am looking around and people are telling me this is the plane you want or this one is. I have a few people I know are telling me the right info but I want to be more informed myself. This will be for a small DZ with tandems, fun jumpers, and students. In the next couple of years hope to have a second plane. So I am looking around in the local area for a plane and I need to be better informed on what I need or want.

Thanks Shannon

Dave, Thanks for the PT6 206 plug. Big engine 182 with Wing-X then upgrade to my plane. Ive got a lot of snow here and after I get everything cleaned up Ill try and get some performance numbers and a video with the doors off and spoiler installed.

dropzone is in Alaska

Maybe consider a DeHavilland Beaver. Good STOL capability.

right....gets OFF the runway quick....
Up to altitude??? NOT so quick :P;)

remember 8 ways Out of Howies Beaver,?? Andy9o8???:DB|

@ Seneca Falls !!!

Yep! First freefall, first 4-way, first sub-2K exit when it blew an oil seal.
Tom Brown has that beat: he was in it for its first crash (first one at that location, at least :ph34r:)