dukertc1

Saber 2 question

My Sabre2 170 at 1:1 takes 500-700 feet to open, nice and comfortable but not too slow.

Ditto. Great first canopy, loved that thing.

I put over 200 jumps on a S2 170 at 1.1:1 and never had a hard opening, only some wandering openings from time to time, no biggie. The longest snivel was 900 ft. sub terminal which happened on a 2,000 ft HnP. That was interesting.
If this is your first night, you have to fight.

hi... illiterate folks here in the US,, many many folks. i work in a state of AZ agency... folks cant spell receive, there,,, brakes..... and on and on and on. i am sick of it. you know the moon landings ? we couldnt do that now in a million years !!! some high schools have 60 percent failure rates !! nice to talk to you.. Dave Phoenix AZ

Something I have been wondering for years:

Why is it that so many americans spell it saber and not sabre? Is saber actually some sort of nickname for sabre, or is it just because so many people are illiterate?

Because the spellings are different in American English and British English. We also don't generally spell it "theatre" etc. There are many, many examples.

Why? I have no idea.

Why is it that so many americans spell it saber and not sabre? Is saber actually some sort of nickname for sabre, or is it just because so many people are illiterate?

They spell different-like on the island of Cypres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-re.2C_-er

They spell different-like on the island of Cypres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-re.2C_-er

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

100ft

Forget to set your slider....

got you beat. less than that. 1981. free packed main. no dbag. a frap strap. 2 line stows. and the rest of the lines figure 8ed into the bottom of the pack tray. THEN! have your slider tear in half front to back just like a split slider . but it wasn't a split slider when i packed it. it happened on opening. in a split second . allmost knocked me out. saw stars just like the cartoons :S
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .