jrouse

St. Patties day weekend Fitzgerald?

Well I made it and I'm registered...where do I find you guys to say hi?

Skymama and Normiss have an RV there. If you're looking for anybody in particular, check manifest or registration, and somebody should know what direction to point you to...

I'm not getting in until late this afternoon. If you're looking for me, just ask almost anyone "where's the deaf fucker?"

:D

Missbrz is the official ASL translator for the boogie. :P

You're saying she signs too?

Yep, she likes to use it when she wants to talk trash about the people around her without them knowing. :|

Don't ask how I know that!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well I made it and I'm registered...where do I find you guys to say hi?

Skymama and Normiss have an RV there. If you're looking for anybody in particular, check manifest or registration, and somebody should know what direction to point you to...

I'm not getting in until late this afternoon. If you're looking for me, just ask almost anyone "where's the deaf fucker?"

:D

Missbrz is the official ASL translator for the boogie. :P

You're saying she signs too?

Yep, she likes to use it when she wants to talk trash about the people around her without them knowing. :|

Don't ask how I know that!

It was good to finally meet you and Jo Jo. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anyone posting Boogie reports ? any pics ?,,i remember a time whene evry one did...:(

I believe that there were 11 cutaways, 2 of which occurred following a wrap/entanglement. :S

Oh and Gonzo swooped the pond and cutaway in the process (SPLOOSH), as usual! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anyone posting Boogie reports ? any pics ?,,i remember a time whene evry one did...:(

I believe that there were 11 cutaways, 2 of which occurred following a wrap/entanglement. :S

Oh and Gonzo swooped the pond and cutaway in the process (SPLOOSH), as usual! :D

Here's my first attempt at editing a video that was taken from the Boogie. Also my first Heli jump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdQBsMJbF10&feature=youtu.be

Also nice to meet you Billy, as well as Skymama, Normiss, CSpencefly (Thanks for signing my logbook), Jumpdude, and many others! I had a kickass time!! I will be back next year no doubt about it!!
Lovin every second of it!

I believe that there were 11 cutaways RESERVE RIDES, 2 of which occurred following a wrap/entanglement. :S

FIFY. Not all of the reserve rides were cutaways. ;):P

I must have missed the last two! Who got the free ticket??
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I believe that there were 11 cutaways RESERVE RIDES, 2 of which occurred following a wrap/entanglement. :S

FIFY. Not all of the reserve rides were cutaways. ;):P

I must have missed the last two! Who got the free ticket??

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a low pull on one of the big ways, could have been a cypres fire. Whoever it was, pulled the canopies to a side-by-side and cut the main away.

I particulary enjoyed the "I was following the cut away down when I lost sight of it and it ended up in my lines and I had to cut away" visual from above...
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

It was great meeting you too and seeing your smiling face after a jump. So glad you had a good time! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I particulary enjoyed the "I was following the cut away down when I lost sight of it and it ended up in my lines and I had to cut away" visual from above...

Was pretty cool from below too...

Cool???

I thought it was entirely stupid.

11 reserve ride, wow that a LOT for such a short time frame:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Cool???

Thats cause the parties are so good, the packing suffers the next day:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Cool???

No it's not, and I'm at a bit of a loss why some folks seem to be making light of it.
The parties don't get much better than the Equinox Boogie, and over 10 days and 500 jumpers they don't have that sort of record.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Cool???

No it's not, and I'm at a bit of a loss why some folks seem to be making light of it.
The parties don't get much better than the Equinox Boogie, and over 10 days and 500 jumpers they don't have that sort of record.

Even I didn't see that many cut-aways at the '97 WFFC in Quincy, even though I saw 2 fatalities and a near 3rd. [:/]

Cool???

I agree. I should know. I did it once years ago. Chased and caught a cut-away main on my foot up high during a CRW jump and it put my main in a downplane until I was able to reel the cutaway in between my legs. If I did that under 2000 feet I'd be DEAD. :| Never again.

Cool???

8 of the 11 had nothing to do with packing. I'm not sure about the other two

I don't know if KeithBar is on Facebook, but I do know he's on here. So Keith (and everyone else), here's the raft dive from this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTFeDGGcGyU&feature=youtu.be

For the background on it: Tom organized it, and he carried it out with myself, Ray, Mike, Keith, and Anthony. Mariah and Billy were in the raft. Planned break off was 7,000', and we managed to hold it till just under 8,000'. It was a little (lot) ugly but definitely one hell of a good time! Thanks for making it all happen Chris!
"I'm gonna die young, but I'm gonna be a legend." -Ricky Clinton

I don't know if KeithBar is on Facebook, but I do know he's on here. So Keith (and everyone else), here's the raft dive from this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTFeDGGcGyU&feature=youtu.be

For the background on it: Tom organized it, and he carried it out with myself, Ray, Mike, Keith, and Anthony. Mariah and Billy were in the raft. Planned break off was 7,000', and we managed to hold it till just under 8,000'. It was a little (lot) ugly but definitely one hell of a good time! Thanks for making it all happen Chris!

It wasn't so funny being in the raft with bodies bouncing all over the place. I had a "WTF did I get myself into" moment, and then realized it was safe enough to sit up and look around.

Watching the video today, I thought I was gonna die from laughing too hard. :D:D:D

Cool???

No it's not, and I'm at a bit of a loss why some folks seem to be making light of it.....

Got up on the wrong side of the bed?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Cool???

No it's not, and I'm at a bit of a loss why some folks seem to be making light of it.....

Got up on the wrong side of the bed?

More like the wrong side of the planet! :D:D:D

It wasn't so funny being in the raft with bodies bouncing all over the place. I had a "WTF did I get myself into" moment, and then realized it was safe enough to sit up and look around.

Watching the video today, I thought I was gonna die from laughing too hard. :D:D:D

It was really funny watching you guys from the outside video slot! Watching that thing funnel up at just below 8,000 was hilarious!!!! I was LMAO in the remainder of the freefall and thru the canopy ride!!! B|