rohicks

Wind Tunnel Yesterday & Completed AFF today (videos)

So my levels 4 and 5 were a bit rough with my turns couple weeks ago. I had this problem that when I would turn left I would keep spinning in a medium pace spin. I got some tunnel time at iFly Orlando with Benji as my instructor on Saturday (3/16). Realized my problems were mainly being relaxed, and trying to turn with my hips which would drop my leg a little and make it hard for me to stop. Video for that is linked below. To save you some time; my last session starts at 9:25 and it's the only one you really should watch. Unless you want to watch my progression between the sessions.
http://youtu.be/q478cfWnUAs

Now today I went to the DZ and knocked out levels 6 and 7 with ease thanks to the wind tunnel. I fixed the left turn, and didn't have a problem with anything during the jumps. My level 6 video is linked below. I had video of my level 7, but when we got down for some reason the video file was corrupted in the gopro so we lost it. Oh well the only difference was I did a back flip and a few barrel rolls. I also packed my own parachute on my level 7 (with assistance). A little nervous jumping that one, but it opened and flew just fine!
http://youtu.be/pcnxhYnEO18

*note* You have to watch these videos on an actual computer. Google won't let me enable mobile viewing due to the music that i put in the videos. Enjoy.

Congrats on the cert!!! How did you enjoy the wind tunnel? I've wanted to start mine, but the weather has been absolutely brutal up here. It's mid 50's all week then it drops to the 20-30's on weekends.

Wind tunnel was invaluable. It helped me relax a lot, and it was just generally a lot of fun to do. Hopefully i can find extra cash and get back in there another time.

Why are we reading this ???[:/]

Probably because you clicked on it. And then CHOSE to read it.

I was told there would be free food served here. I was dooped...Most will learn that everything does not need to be logged ...

Probably should take your own advice.
If it's so annoying to you then why even bother waisting the time to comment? &_&

Were you not excited when you finished AFF and wanted to share your experience with people you thought would be of a like mind?

I was excited it's been a long time goal of mine to finally complete it since I started it back in 2006.

Why are we reading this ???[:/]

Probably because you clicked on it. And then CHOSE to read it.

I was told there would be free food served here. I was dooped...Most will learn that everything does not need to be logged ...

Probably should take your own advice.
If it's so annoying to you then why even bother waisting the time to comment? &_&

Were you not excited when you finished AFF and wanted to share your experience with people you thought would be of a like mind?

I was excited it's been a long time goal of mine to finally complete it since I started it back in 2006.

Still waiting for the free food.:)...

Cool vids, ty for sharing! I'm trying to watch as many AFF vids as I can.. Hopfully starting my AFF course in a week or two.

I wish I had a wind tunnel by me... There is none in Oregon.. the closest is one in Vegas... I'm going there in mid April and then again in August... :(

Great job, and congratsB|
I'm not far behind in my progression. Interestingly enough, I had the same problem with my 4-jump; that constant, unintentional turn. Fortunately I DO have a tunnel close by and it only took a minute or so for the coach to isolate the problem which, of course, was body position... Being able to see it all on video is certainly helpful.

Congrats again:)

Cool vids, ty for sharing! I'm trying to watch as many AFF vids as I can.. Hopfully starting my AFF course in a week or two.

I wish I had a wind tunnel by me... There is none in Oregon.. the closest is one in Vegas... I'm going there in mid April and then again in August... :(

Good luck! You'll have fun, and I'm sure you'll do just fine. If you check out my you tube channel i have a few other AFF videos you can look at.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rohicks

Great job, and congratsB|
I'm not far behind in my progression. Interestingly enough, I had the same problem with my 4-jump; that constant, unintentional turn. Fortunately I DO have a tunnel close by and it only took a minute or so for the coach to isolate the problem which, of course, was body position... Being able to see it all on video is certainly helpful.

Congrats again:)

Thanks. Congrats on figuring out your problem. Sounds like we were very similar during our course. Good luck on the rest of your jumps!

Good luck! You'll have fun, and I'm sure you'll do just fine. If you check out my you tube channel i have a few other AFF videos you can look at.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rohicks

ty for the encouraging words! I enjoyed the rest of your AFF vids. Many more blue skys for you.