skydiverek

How to Survive a Parachute Failure

Thanks for the post, I mean that , I really do,

AS I walk off to the bathroom to either shit, or throw up that is,

I fuckin knew that Gerado was going to get even with the skydiving community,....

I meean really,... thanks for making my day >:(>:(:(B|

This has to be some kind of 1 April type of thing right? Please tell me this is some kind of prank???

:)
C

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

"Brace for the opening as it will likely break both your arms, then hope your friend can steer you into a tree to break your fall."

They definitely did not teach me that step either.

They kept saying "Whats the first thing to know about landing in a tree?"

"Dont land in the fuckin trees"

I am gonna ask for some money back.

At least part of it is directly copied from The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook. I'm sure some of the other entries are more authoritative.

If he'd included that scenario, and just said "you're fucked" he probably wouldn't have sold as many books :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm still in AFF but I'll be sure to try this out next week in front of my instructor on the ground.

On the other hand I'm afraid that if I bring something up like this, they'll ask me to never come back. ;)

You have in fact raised an issue that is both embarissing and very troubling and that is if for some reason the student "hoses" the instructors, the student is "on their own" to pull and take care of any freefall issue.

You should have this conversation in front of your instructor, because I can tell ya from personal experience, it's a conversation that I avoid!
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

hahaha

THAT is the stupidest thing i've seen in a long time....

perfect example of the potential for Idiocy,,,on the internet...
How about the part where the jumper screams!!!! as his "rescuer " deploys....???

That sure seems Likely!!! and is the only factual part of the whole thing....:S:o:S

The annoying thing is that there are farms that produce these kinds of things (a la "expert" village). The goal is not to produce content, but to produce traffic to sell to Advertisers. The videos are generally short and worthless. The same "expert" that made this one probably made 15 different videos that day... About 15 different topics they know nothing about.

It's really kind of like internet pollution and it's on the rise.

Yeah my reaction to the video wasn't, "what an idiot..." but rather, "what a ripoff..."

A friend of mine had that book and I read it several years ago (before I started skydiving actually.) I remember the whole thing being pretty silly.

Yeah my reaction to the video wasn't, "what an idiot..." but rather, "what a ripoff..."

A friend of mine had that book and I read it several years ago (before I started skydiving actually.) I remember the whole thing being pretty silly.

Yeah, some of that stuff is extreme at best. It's like: If you're ever stranded in the wilderness, find the biggest, baddest bear you can, and kill it. The rest of the bears in the valley will respect you.

I remember there was a show years ago, and it gave some pretty bad advice, in my opinion. I think it only lasted a few episodes.

If you're ever stranded in the wilderness, find the biggest, baddest bear you can, and kill it. The rest of the bears in the valley will respect you.

So what's wrong with that advice?

:|

What?

Looking back, you're right. There isn't anything wrong with that advice. I guess what works in prison, works in nature.

"I've never seen a grizzly just turn and run like that."
" Everybody else up here acts like they've never seen a black man before. Why should the bear be different?"

I...I...I don't know how to word that into advice to put in a book. Perhaps eHow or Expert Village have a video on how to deal with racist bears. Lemme go check...

It's a quote from a film called "Deadly Pursuit" starring Sidney Poitier

It was called "Shoot to Kill" here in the US. Pretty good movie too.

"You mountain men do this shit all the time?"

"Every damn day!"
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo