SEREJumper

Military sanctioned/endorsed civilian jumping?

I know the military stopped funding/endorsing sport parachute clubs in the 1990's. Got that part.

The question I have for the military members here is, has your base/post/air station/fort officially endorsed or authorized civilian skydiving on a limited or permanent basis?

I do know of one base that has done a military organized (and discounted) tandem day for a special event.

Are there any other examples of this happening? What about student programs? MWR or Outdoor recreation programs?

Thanks for any input.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Haven't seen any endorsements for clubs or anything like that. There may have been an MWR event for tandems, I feel like I have seen it before but can't confirm. I can tell you my command knows I jump and they don't care.

I actually ran into my company commander at the DZ.

I had a bunch of HALO guys that I worked with, several of them transitioned over to the USPA. The command likely didn't care because they understood it and knew there were far worse things they could be doing with their free time.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well, there was my military demo team that actually facilitated my learning to skydive. I don't have military jump wings, but I'm active duty and a licensed skydiver. B|

Most of my tunnel time and a few of my jumps were paid with funds from that demo team. :)

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I know the military stopped funding/endorsing sport parachute clubs in the 1990's. Got that part.

The question I have for the military members here is, has your base/post/air station/fort officially endorsed or authorized civilian skydiving on a limited or permanent basis?

I do know of one base that has done a military organized (and discounted) tandem day for a special event.

Are there any other examples of this happening? What about student programs? MWR or Outdoor recreation programs?

Thanks for any input.

The Naval Postgrad School in Monterrey, CA has a very active club. They work with local DZ's to promote skydiving with the school.

Check their FB page for more info.

Jump more, post less!

Prior to the great sequester, Ft Bragg MWR had a tandem program in place. Units coming back from deployment could set up outdoor adventure trips in order to blow off steam in an organized manner. I saw several units take advantage of it and got a pretty good group rate at Raeford Parachute Center. I was in the process of setting up the same thing at Camp Lejeune before my last PCS. Give Tony Thacker a call if you want more details.

D
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.