AZskies

safire 2- Openings after injury

I had a similar situation but not exactly the same so YMMV.

I had spinal surgery on my lower back last year and I was really nervous about jumping. I jump a Crossfire 2 but the openings are supposed to be similar. What I did when I started back was to make sure I was really square and in control when I pitched so that the load was distributed as evenly as I could get it across my body. Later I got to where I didn't even think about it. I had some off heading openings but nothing violent. I was paying a lot of attention to the amount of force that was on my pelvis/lower back. I did OK.

What makes me nervous is having to really run out a landing. I downwinded one last week that I ended up sliding in because I didn't want to try to sprint.

How are the openings on a safire 2? Would you say they are decent for someone coming off an injury for a broken pelvis?

i had spinal surgery at l5-s1 and started jumping a safire2 after recovery. most of the openings were very soft, but the hardest opening ive ever had was also under that canopy. if your pelvis is healed correctly though you shouldnt have a problem i would think
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

I have about 600 jumps on a Safire 2 149 loaded at 1.3. Most of the openings are beautiful, soft and on heading, but I have been spanked by it a few times. Particularly when it was new.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I think the hard opening I have had with it were most likely a result of the slider moving down the lines a bit while bagging the canopy.

Them new ones are slippery fuckers, so just remember to take care while packing it.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)