EFS4LIFE

Should the USPA Board be required to vote by name?

Well?

I personally think "secret ballots" should not be allowed. I will go a step further and say that I think we should demand that our elected officials vote by name for ANY vote. I feel we have a right to know where our officials stand on issues so that we may make better informed votes when it comes to re-elections.

What say you?

Edited for grammar and spelling
I am an asshole, but I am honest

Well?

I personally think "secret ballots" should not be allowed. I will go a step further and say that I think we should demand that our elected officials vote by name for ANY vote. I feel we have a right to know where our officials stand on issues so that we may make better informed votes when it comes to re-elections.

agreed 100% i want to know who is voting for what

What say you?

Edited for grammar and spelling

Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Maybe a Mod could move this to a more appropriate forum?

I will say it's kind of funny to see something about skydiving in SC :D.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ya I think so too. I was hoping to get good participation in this poll and being it to the appropriate person in USPA and hell see if we can get that changed. Pipe dream probably but you can't do if you don't try first.

There are users on this site that intentionally avoid SC at all costs.

This should be in General IMO - for better coverage.

From what I was told, I understood they held the secret vote after the named vote to see if the results would change based on the emotions of all involved with this tasty topic.
:D

To think all the millions of dollars to be made in instruction.....

From what I was told, I understood they held the secret vote after the named vote to see if the results would change based on the emotions of all involved with this tasty topic.
:D

I was told it was one of the members that was voting "no" on the measure that requested the secret ballot and was doing so for well intended motives, i.e. it was not a lets see if we can pass it the second time around this way; however I feel on principle a secret ballot of any kind for any reason is BS.

To think all the millions of dollars to be made in instruction.....

*lookin' at my bank account*

I guess I missed the boat on that one.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

For the most part, BOD votes are pretty routine stuff. Every once in a while there is an issue that is divisive or controversial. I think all votes should be done by name, that lets the people who elect their representatives know if the BOD member is representing or pretending.

The "secret ballot" should be a big red flag as to BOD members not wanting own up to their vote.

Jump more, post less!

I agree. I have been in contact with Mike Mullins the appointed Chairman of the Constitution and By Laws Committee and he seems receptive to a change. I told him about this poll so I am hoping to get active participation in it.

Oh ya totally invalid.

I see a bunch of non USPA members swaying this one. Did you read the comment directly above yours? The appropriate USPA member has been contacted.

It's a joke anyone has even voted no. No one cares to defend that position publicly apparently. Although I am certainly open to debate.

Your comment is invalid.