rdomaleski1

Looking for a good dytter

You mean an audible? "Dytter" is a brand name that refers to an audible that is no longer produced by L&B (but can sometimes be found used).

Do you want one that logs jumps as well or one that just provides audible tones?

Either way, if you want inexpensive, you'll probably want to look for used. There are good deals out there from time to time, but you have to be patient and willing to check the classifieds regularly (or ask around at your dropzone for people who might have one sitting in their closets).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I too just got a new G3 and put an Optima II audible in it. I'd recommend the Optima II. 3 distinct audible tones in freefall, and 3 tones under canopy. It does NOT record your jumps however. If you want to record your jumps, you'll have to invest in another Alt.

The Larsen and Brusgaard/L&B audible products are all size-appropriate for a G3 pocket.
Solo=Allows for warnings in 500' increments. Has three freefall alarms.
OptimaII-Allows for warnings in 1' increments (useful, IMO) Has three freefall, 3 canopy alarms.
Quatro-Offers four warnings in 1' increments. Top alarm is a tracking aid, will beep constantly until the next alarm, letting you know that it's operating and you won't need to duck your head to check your altimeter. Also has three canopy alarms.

I like the OptimaII; it also has a port for a visual altimeter indicator. Works nicely wth the HypEye camera products too.

None of the above devices log your jumps. Only the ProTrack and Altitrack permanently log, and the Viso has a revolving log. ProTrack has some audible features, while Altitrack and Viso are only visual altimeters.

As far as I know, only certain models of the Optima II have a port for a visual indicator. I have an Optima II, and the only thing on it is the white port, which is an air filter if I'm correct.

Still, I like mine. The canopy alarms are (and have been) a great aid in learning to judge the altitudes of my landing pattern accurately. Given it's not-very-significantly increased price compared to the Solo II (€220 vs €185), the extra features are well worth it.

The only disadvantage: L&B's manuals aren't very good, so it takes a bit of work before you understand it.

Better yet jump without any type of altimeter for more fun!

you have 2 on the front of your head.:P they dont work as well on night jumps though:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .