OneJumpWally

Hop and pops annoying?

They help keep the loads turning, then get out early so the rest of us have more room on the ride to altitude. What's not to love?

Hmmm.... totally separate from our love for hop and poppers, maybe we should help ourselves out and implement a mandatory punitive Hop n Pop statute:

-Fart on the plane or wear too much fucking Axe body spray? Hop/Pop, asshole.

-Make us all sit in the sun and bake on the tarmac while you "run" slower than I walk to get to the tram because you couldn't be bothered to listen to the call? Hop/pop.

-Slow the loading process becausee you simply can't seem to grip the idea that there cannot be empty seatbelts between you and the guy who sat down before you? Hop/pop.

Elvisio "judge, jury, executioner" Rodriguez

Are the veteran jumpers on the load annoyed with constant hop and pops because of the extra time it takes or is it generally liked because of the extra space? I just get the feeling that if I buy a hop and pop block and do one on every jump people will start to get annoyed with me... or am I just tripping?

No I don't mind...the door is usually already open anyway.

I never mind the extra time (if any) associated with people doing hop & pops.

same here, and I like the extra room - one exception

if it's really close to sunset and there's a couple loads waiting and it's getting tight: an extra pass on this load -may- screw the entire last load from getting up. Especially if it's just for one guy or two.

not a big deal for me, if I miss a load end of day it just means I'm already packed and can go to the bonfire right away

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I like watching them leave...

Sure Mike - and there's a lot of people I like watching leave

but they keep coming back :P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Jump Lodi, the H&P''s there don't add one second to the load.

they better not - if they know what's good for them.....:P

I think most veteran jumpers like the extra space, I know I do, and I too like watching em exit. I especially love the reactions from any Tandems aboard... only when they see people "fall out" do they really internalize the fact that, yes, this is happening...and you're next! The energy is awesome.
Fly how you wanna fly. Nobody worth listening to is going to give you a hard time because you like Hop n Pops. They're traditional, part of our culture along with Cross Countrys, zoo dives and beer fines.
Hop n Pop to your heart's content. Think a lot of the time you'll see a bunch of grinning faces watching you through the door.
You're skydivin! Revel in each and every one.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I especially love the reactions from any Tandems aboard... only when they see people "fall out" do they really internalize the fact that, yes, this is happening...and you're next! The energy is awesome.

Took my son up on a tandem a few weeks back..door opens & guy leaves for a H&P ~ I looked at the wide eyes on my kid as the normally reserved control freak yells~

"...IT JUST GOT FUCKIN' REAL"

:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I especially love the reactions from any Tandems aboard... only when they see people "fall out" do they really internalize the fact that, yes, this is happening...and you're next! The energy is awesome.

Took my son up on a tandem a few weeks back..door opens & guy leaves for a H&P ~ I looked at the wide eyes on my kid as the normally reserved control freak yells~

"...IT JUST GOT FUCKIN' REAL"

:D:D:D

....and you grounded him for a week for swearing? B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I love it when the Swoopers get out and I love it when the RW teams get out at 10,500. It's cramped and sweaty for us people at the end of the line!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The only time I've ever seen people being mildly annoyed was a load of tandems (without video) and low jumpers. Then, a tandem master has to close the door with his passenger attached and in front of him.

It was fun to see the TM's race to board so they wouldn't be at the door on such loads ^_^

I think the post implied that after the HnP's, the only jumpers left on the plane were tandems. I'm not a TM, but I'd imagine it could be difficult closing the door on some planes with the student attached to you.

That being said, every experienced jumper should be ready, willing and able to operate the door in any situation.

Now, THAT'S the spirit!
Must have been awesome, jump with your kid.
I got my Dad out for a Tandem a few years back. They exited first, I got out, carved down to join em, flew up and grabbed my Dad by the hand, nice neat dock. My Dad is a businessman, normally very self posessed, and the look on his face was -priceless-. It was so awesome, we went right back up for another one. It was worth it when my stepmom Yoshie found the video... "You didn't tell me you were gonna do that!" Always easier to apologize than to ask for permission... My Dad and I are thick as thieves and twice the trouble, its fun having a Dad who is secretly even more mischievous than you are...;)
-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Now, THAT'S the spirit!
Must have been awesome, jump with your kid.
I got my Dad out for a Tandem a few years back. They exited first, I got out, carved down to join em, flew up and grabbed my Dad by the hand, nice neat dock. My Dad is a businessman, normally very self posessed, and the look on his face was -priceless-. It was so awesome, we went right back up for another one. It was worth it when my stepmom Yoshie found the video... "You didn't tell me you were gonna do that!" Always easier to apologize than to ask for permission... My Dad and I are thick as thieves and twice the trouble, its fun having a Dad who is secretly even more mischievous than you are...;)
-B

It was great taking my youngest (21)...B|

When we landed and were walking back in I asked 'so what do you think?'

He said- 'always wondered what you saw in that...now I get it'

B|B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The only time I've ever seen people being mildly annoyed was a load of tandems (without video) and low jumpers. Then, a tandem master has to close the door with his passenger attached and in front of him.

It was fun to see the TM's race to board so they wouldn't be at the door on such loads ^_^

Can't the student STAY seated AND belted???.....while the TM moves to the door and then moves back ,,next to that student???

H & Ps are good for everyone... since they can help to fill a load.. and then they GET OUT..!!!!! making for extra elbow room for those who remain...

I don't mind being the hoppenpopper... OR one of those who remain...

ps.... nice photo Twardo.. the smile on your sons face....matches the words of his quote....B|:)

Airtwardo, I don't care what everyone else says about you......................I think you are a "Class" act. I'm taking my son (22) this spring to the DZ I am a student at for his first Tandem. I can only hope his face looks like your sons does in that picture. Yes, "Class Act."

It was great taking my youngest (21)...B|

When we landed and were walking back in I asked 'so what do you think?'

He said- 'always wondered what you saw in that...now I get it'

B|B|

This summer, I'm hoping my son will take me for my first tandem ride. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Airtwardo, I don't care what everyone else says about you......................I think you are a "Class" act.

What does everyone else say about him? :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon