DYEVOUT

Disappearing DZ !!

Saturday was a beautiful day in eastern Pennsylvania. After taking care of some work around the house, I threw my gloves, alti & jump book in the truck - and off to the DZ. I planned on making my AFF level 13, 14 & 15 jumps in the sun.

Upon arriving at the DZ, I was greeted by some stern looking club members, and jumpers that told me the club may no longer be in operation, pending an emergency meeting that evening. I learned from a friend (AFF L9) on Sunday, that the club had indeed been disbanded, and our AFF continuation could not take place there.

Has this happened to any of you guys/gals? A friend was jumping at another DZ (farther away) over the weekend, and said we could continue there, after a training session, but they want to see our "yellow cards" in addition to our jump books. Our JM hasn't filled in any data on our yellow cards, saying "I'll do it all at once, when you take your test".

I also have a $75.00 jump ticket in my wallet for jump #13 !! We are supposed to call our JM on Wednesday, but it sounds like we are likely to get hosed.

How does the dissolution of a DZ usually affect learning progression ?

Pissed off in PA.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

wow -- the Herd? any way, if that's the case, you are screwed if you can't get the records of your previous jumps. A DZ isn't going to take your word for what you've learned, best bet is to try to get a hold of your JM and get him to fill everything out (I can't believe that he will be able to remember everything to write in there, either). Go to Cross Keys, you'll be happy there! :)

Do you have your log book or you A license progression card? If you do, then you should be able to go to a different DZ to continue training with out too much trouble. With out it, the other DZ will probably chat with you, discuss your situation and deal with your situation in a one on one bases.

**just reread your post, get your JM to fill out your yellow card, that should have been done as you went.

Sucks to hear that your DZ closed, though.>:(

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Neil,

Sorry to hear about your situation with DZ closing and not finished with AFF. Would you mind telling me which DZ you were going to? I used to go to Pittsburgh Skydive Center in Connellsville, but that too will be closed after this year. I just want to find out what DZ's WILL be open next year. I'm thinking of going to the one in Grove City from now on.

Larry
Latrobe, PA

(pls email me if you don’t want to mention the DZ’s name in this forum)

What is a "yellow card"? I've not heard that one before. Ain't that a soccer thing?

Sounds alot like a logbook from what y'all have said so far...

A License proficiency card

http://www.uspa.org/CurrentMembers/SafetyTraining/ALicProfCard11-01.pdf
http://www.uspa.org/CurrentMembers/SafetyTraining/ALicProfCardISP04-01.pdf

--
Hook high, flare on time

We certainly hate to hear this about new jumpers being treated in this manner, it certainly does not do our sport any good.
I have had jumpers show up at our DZ who are students and i have heard so many stories from them when they are asked to show us their proficieny cards. ranging from " I have never seen one, to just like you stated, my instructor toldem he was going to fill that out when i completed the program. Unforunantly, the latter statemant we see too often as this seems to be a ploy y the DZ to keep students from going to other DZ's to complete their training, holding their card "hostage".
Seek out and find a reputable DZ. if you are treated fairly then you will happily stay there.
We welcome you aboard as a skydiver!

DZ's come and go. That's life!

That's the 2nd 11 year old post.. Me thinks you are a troll trying to get your avatar noticed:ph34r::ph34r: well it's noticed, now slink back under your rock
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

WOW!!!
It took 11 years for the last two responses before mine to get entered in to this thread! :D:D:D:D

You can thank perma-banned JohnRich for creating yet another anonymous user account and spraying posts all over dz.com, 43 in probably an hour or two as Macarena. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

perma-banned JohnRich :P

I didn't know that! He was a lot of fun. Not nearly so obnoxious as one that remains.
Must be one of those "who you know" deals.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

perma-banned JohnRich :P

I didn't know that! He was a lot of fun. Not nearly so obnoxious as one that remains.
Must be one of those "who you know" deals.

Me? ;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

DZ's come and go. That's life!

Why would you bump a thread from 2002???????????????

He's a perma-banned poster who came back under another screen name to annoy the mods. That's all. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban