goobersnuftda

Contour Customer Support

I have purchased my 2nd Contour camera (Contour+2) and got back last month from a boogie after using it for the first time.

On one exit I got a good kick to the head on my G3 and the back cover of the Contour+2 went bye bye. Contacted the camera company when I got back inquiring of how to buy a new back cover and low and behold I just got an envelope in the mail with the exact cover I was asking about.

Let's hope there are more Larsen & Brusgaard type companies out here that treat their gear like they are #1 :)

I'm glad you had great customer service with Contour.

I had the exact opposite with GoPro. During a deployment my copilot was setting up my camera with the suction cup mount when one of the large knobs fell off and couldn't be found. Since they don't sell the knob itself on their site I contacted their CS department inquiring how to buy a replacement knob. I was informed that I would have to buy a new mount since they don't sell the knobs individually.

I'm thinking my next camera may be a Contour.

This thread made me contact Contour yesterday about my broken battery clip and rubber rear cover. They're shipping the new parts today free of charge.
They already have replacement instructions on their website: http://help.contour.com/customer/portal/articles/250799-battery-clip-replacement (during this procedure, the rear cover will come loose and can be replaced as well).